Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Opinions on becketts supercollector

RE: Opinions on becketts supercollector
the fun part is the hunt...

however, it seems like right when you find it...another card you've been hunting pops up. Do you only get one? Or do you try to get both, since it might be a LONG time before you see it again?

Either way, have fun with it....that's the best advice out there.
[Image: rsz_stafford.jpg]
[Image: e4YJ0.png]

the only thing i can say is that people that have all the base cards of a player but not many autos or what you said, no true rc autos. do they deserve as much credit as people who have all the true rc autos and such but not all the base cards? because now it comes down to a money thing. for instance, i am a true rc collector among other things. i collect the base rcs and the auto rc's. i have 100% of the true rc's for frank gore, michael crabtree, and taylor mays. im only 2 away from smith, 2 from p willy, 1 for davis, and 1 for anthony dixon. now i cant even tell you how much money and time that has taken me to search for all those and acquire them. i do not collect every base card but i do occasionally buy lots on the bay. last week i got a lot of 200 gore base for $5. well now that was easy compared to the true rc hunt. base are easier to find and much cheaper. but they can also be hard to find all of them if you are just starting now on a player thats been in the league for 10 years. there are just too many things to look into here but i for one wouldnt call somebody a supercollector of base cards unless they had an astronomical amount. but thats only because to impress me with base cards it would have to be huge! just my opinion
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(10-11-2011, 01:09 PM)nthnoak Wrote: the only thing i can say is that people that have all the base cards of a player but not many autos or what you said, no true rc autos. do they deserve as much credit as people who have all the true rc autos and such but not all the base cards? because now it comes down to a money thing. for instance, i am a true rc collector among other things. i collect the base rcs and the auto rc's. i have 100% of the true rc's for frank gore, michael crabtree, and taylor mays. im only 2 away from smith, 2 from p willy, 1 for davis, and 1 for anthony dixon. now i cant even tell you how much money and time that has taken me to search for all those and acquire them. i do not collect every base card but i do occasionally buy lots on the bay. last week i got a lot of 200 gore base for $5. well now that was easy compared to the true rc hunt. base are easier to find and much cheaper. but they can also be hard to find all of them if you are just starting now on a player thats been in the league for 10 years. there are just too many things to look into here but i for one wouldnt call somebody a supercollector of base cards unless they had an astronomical amount. but thats only because to impress me with base cards it would have to be huge! just my opinion
Yeah he doesnt have much money. But also your right its not that crazy of a collection. But I also dont think my collection is that great either. Honestly I think they should take that section out of the mag and just make a permanent section of this site where people can show off their collection and discuss the hunt...that way the forums wouldnt be flooded with people doing player collection updates and what not. There are enough people put their who do extensive pc so I think that would be a pretty cool thing.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

well your player doesnt have a ton of cards produced but you have a bunch of his autos and game used. i think you have done a great job as a player collection. its got a little of everything
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

Well, this is a great discussion!!

I think this maybe brings up the consideration for different levels of collecting.

A younger collector who idolizes say, Peyton Manning, wouldn't have the cash flow to go after $$$ RCs, Patches, or Autos. But, they could pick up PILES of commons for very reasonable prices, and get quite a collection going. Valuable?? Not really. Impressive?? Based on pure size of the collection - YES!...

....Show me enough different cards from different manufacturers and different years, and tell me how much you are missing..YOU ARE A SUPERCOLLECTOR...

An older collector who has the disposable income to go for "Blue Chips" and amasses a giant collection of Game-Used, Autos, low #RCs, 1of1s, ETC has put together a SuperCollection, of a different level..

...But they could also just have a WHOLE LOT of $$$ invested, and STILL not have a SuperCollection..

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(10-11-2011, 01:50 PM)nthnoak Wrote: well your player doesnt have a ton of cards produced but you have a bunch of his autos and game used. i think you have done a great job as a player collection. its got a little of everything
I have tried my best...all I can say if someone went out today and tried to collect colbert it would be very difficult...I mean the tough rc stuff I have from him I either pulled in 2004 or bought it then. It is my only real collection. Other than vick and some of my favorites...Im a dealer and most cards are just bought and resold...So this is my only passion really. I wake up and play around with sports cards. And everyday I spend time on my colbert collection...yeah I want it to one day be one of the best but thats not what IM after...I just want to keep finding quality cards that I need to keep it alive. Thats my biggest fear with it that I will really hit a brick wall one day and there wont be any cards for me to get...guess I should start a small side project with another player.

(10-11-2011, 12:51 PM)chads-cards Wrote: See I agree with everyone who said it should be about the fun. Thats what im saying...there are some people out there who just go buy as much as they can just to get into the mag. Ive been collection my player for 7+ years now and im wayyyyy far away to making it into that mag...I could care less if I was. But also someone who works at my families shop has IMO a super collection. One thing they have 0 autos of that player and maybe 20 game used...but they do have every single base card theyve ever had and every true rc besides autos...they collect fitz and there collection is over 600 cards. I think too many people get caught up in the real high end stuff...his collection is his passion and ive seen how much effort it has taken him to get all those cards. I personally love the hunt of finding that one card yuo need.
I got into the mag (Baseball). It was the Super Collector issue. I wasn't and will never be a supercollector, and yet I made it into the mag (and not because of a pulled hit, either). Actually, I sent in my letter just for kicks on a small collection I have and I was surprised it was published.
Appearance over book value. I've seen some real high-end doozies....

All I know is this I see a Mario or a Cushing I like and want, I go all out to get it, am I a super collector? not sure, I do know however, that I am a cardboard crackhead!
WANT ALL MARIO WILLIAMS & BRIAN CUSHING CARDS!!
[Image: LeinartLot007.jpg]
[Image: LeinartLot009.jpg]

(10-12-2011, 12:23 AM)dewdrinker Wrote: All I know is this I see a Mario or a Cushing I like and want, I go all out to get it, am I a super collector? not sure, I do know however, that I am a cardboard crackhead!
I was referring to your collection and a few others tht should be in the mag...ur mario collection is unreal.

(10-12-2011, 12:23 AM)dewdrinker Wrote: that I am a cardboard crackhead!
Don't you mean cracked cardboard head? Wink

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35