`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Albert Pujols thoughts, opinions

RE: Albert Pujols thoughts, opinions
I dont think the Cardinals can just open the blank check to Pujols saying here you go...I'm not going to say Pujols did or did not use performance enhancing drugs, but I think any team is foolish in a post "roid" era to over extend a contract no matter how great the player or what he has done for your franchise. If the Cards offer 8yrs @ 25mil each and he says no, how could any Cards fan say thats not overly fair and reasonable? If he goes to the Cubs after rejecting that offer then say "God's speed" to him as he walks away...And by the way, no trade clause doesnt apply to Pujols with regard to the Cards...he's a 10-5 guy so he can veto any trade they would try to make...If he gets the above offer and STILL walks, that wil say more about Albert than anything the Cards did.

(10-10-2011, 09:27 AM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: What team could afford to pay pujols if st louis cant????? Considering yankees, boston and phillie all have long term elite 1st basemen
The Phillies have a very good 1st Baseman not elite. Very good in the regular season and SUCKS in the playoffs. If the Cardinals lose Pujols I'm sure the Phillies would love to get out from under Ryan Howard's next 5 years and $125 million. He is a St. Louis native BTW Smile

[quote='phillies816' pid='1736845' dateline='1318270530']

The Phillies have a very good 1st Baseman not elite. Very good in the regular season and SUCKS in the playoffs. If the Cardinals lose Pujols I'm sure the Phillies would love to get out from under Ryan Howard's next 5 years and $125 million. He is a St. Louis native BTW Smile
[/quote

Theyd have to give pujols 8 years at 30mil a year....... almost double of what howard will make....... im a philly fan too by the way im not sure what the best deal here is.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(10-10-2011, 01:19 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: [quote='phillies816' pid='1736845' dateline='1318270530']

[/quote

Theyd have to give pujols 8 years at 30mil a year....... almost double of what howard will make....... im a philly fan too by the way im not sure what the best deal here is.
In all honesty I love watching Howard play most of the time, but he has SUCKED in the last couple of years in the playoffs. I don't think he will go anywhere but the Phillies really need to try to get rid of the contracts of Utley and Howard if anyone would be dumb enough to take them now.

(10-10-2011, 01:32 PM)phillies816 Wrote: In all honesty I love watching Howard play most of the time, but he has SUCKED in the last couple of years in the playoffs. I don't think he will go anywhere but the Phillies really need to try to get rid of the contracts of Utley and Howard if anyone would be dumb enough to take them now.
I totally agree with you, the hard part is finding someone willing to take on those contracts and with rollins almost gone means we`d have lost our entire infield with no one to replace them............ The other day I was thinking of who id like to see at SS if Rollins isnt resigned, How would Tulowitzki look in stripes???? It would be AWESOME!!!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

The behind the scenes talk here in St. Louis is that Albert's wife Deidre calls the shots and they will not be going anywhere. They have helped build a school here that their child who has Downs Syndrome attends. They are involved in so many charities that are tied to St. Louis. Deidre loves it here and I lost my train of thought watching the Cardinals highlights from Game 2. In summary the local media sports talk guys are saying they expect Albert to be a Cardinal for life.
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

I am a Yankee fan and I would love to see him as a Yankee but with that said it just woudn't seem right to me because I will always see him as a cardnial. I can only hope he will be one of the few greats that stay on one team for there career. It would of crushed me if Derek Jeter left the Yankees. I don't think he will go anywhere. But with that being said I would like to see the Brewers win the World Series because next year without Fielder I can't even see them making the playoffs and I like Ryan Braun as a player
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]