`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kansas Race Results

RE: Kansas Race Results
(10-12-2011, 01:49 PM)shelbysaleen Wrote: I havent been to either the as or 600. I did go to the october race one year. Actually we worked the race [concession stand for charity].
Unless the price difference is huge I would go with the cup race. You are not going to get out of the track hardly any earlier with the all star race since it starts later and they take all them useless breaks in between segments. This way if your going to spend the time there you might as well see some real racing.
The HOF I woul suggest doing a different day. It is about a four hour visit if you dont do everything. Its also like 15.00 to park. The shops are closer and free.
Sam bass is normally open during the weekend and signs autographs. RESEARCH RESEARCH you can get a lot done prior to the race if your prepared Monitor facebook and twitter. Also keep twitter on your phone if you can they do tweetups and stuff and you can win things and meet people. Kyle usually leaves items around the track for his followers to find.
ITS an event just get a room and prepare for it. research again figure out the best way home for you and park there no matter how close you can get. The cops will direct you to where they want you leaving from based on your parking area not what is best for you.

This is why I'm asking everyone now. RESEARCH! I have plenty of time to figure out an exact plan. I really appreciate your response, Michael!
Every bit of info helps. I can't afford to go to Saturday's race there and I decided about a month ago to try to make it to one of the May races. As far as the HOF and AS race the same day, the race starts late. If I leave here at 10am, I'd get to the HOF around noon. I can leave earlier than that to give me more time at the HOF. That will give me plenty of time to check it out before heading back northward to the track. I have been by the HOF, but only when it was closed. I know a few places I can park at and walk to it. When I leave the parking garage, I will know which way I can go to take me around to the backside (eastern side---away from I-85) of the track.
I can also take NC 49 or US 29 to get home, instead of I-85. With much less traffic, they should be quicker. I am basing that off of the time it took me to get home from a Panthers NFL game. It was against Pittsburgh and it took 6 hours to get home on I-85 b/c so many people were heading north on that road.
I am definitely planning to go to a Cup race vs. the other 2 Series, even though it's more expensive and more packed w/ people. It's the NASCAR experience that I'm looking for. I can visit the shops anytime. Most of them are a shorter trip than going to the Charlotte track.
Does anyone have anything to add with this extra info? BTW if it helps, I live just northeast of Greensboro, NC--not far east from US29 and southeast of Reidsville, NC.

Also, I do not do anything with Facebook or Twitter. I just don't have time for all that. I know many of the drivers are very involved with both sites, but I just DON'T have time for those sites too. I can barely keep up with my Beckett and NUTS accounts. I barely check my email and only check my 'myspace' account if I get an email about it. Big Grin

Hey spaz, if you can afford and plan for it, do Las Vegas!! Drivers are all over the strip every night!!

I have done Brickyard 11 times, Michigan 2, Bristol night race 1, Chicagoland 3, Las Vegas 3 and Daytona nigh race 1.

(10-13-2011, 06:14 AM)jeffgordonracing24 Wrote: Hey spaz, if you can afford and plan for it, do Las Vegas!! Drivers are all over the strip every night!!

I have done Brickyard 11 times, Michigan 2, Bristol night race 1, Chicagoland 3, Las Vegas 3 and Daytona nigh race 1.
I definitely can't afford to do that! Smile

oh and posted on twitter the hof said they would be running shuttles from the track to the hof. THAT WOULD be a big help

Also if you can afford it buy the yearly pass. You never know when you want to go back and it will save money.

i BOUGHT one the first time i went used it 3-4 times foster kept waiting and paid 3 admissions or something like that.

Maybe you can meet us at the hall for next years selection day
CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]

(10-13-2011, 02:58 PM)shelbysaleen Wrote: oh and posted on twitter the hof said they would be running shuttles from the track to the hof. THAT WOULD be a big help
Also if you can afford it buy the yearly pass. You never know when you want to go back and it will save money.
i BOUGHT one the first time i went used it 3-4 times foster kept waiting and paid 3 admissions or something like that.
Maybe you can meet us at the hall for next years selection day
Does it go the other way though (HOF to track)? If so, that could be a HUGE help AND a great option. Also, how much is the yearly pass? I am close enough that I can make it worth it, depending on the price. I would love to meet up at the Selection day and/or Induction day next year. I know what all you got to see and do this year, so I'd be happy to join in on the fun! Big Grin
PLZ LMK!