`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OT: 5 games into the season, team/player evaluations.

OT: 5 games into the season, team/player evaluations.
Always nice to do a check-in around the 5th game of the season. Good time to have enough games played where flukes begin to fade. So I thought it'd be good to check in with everyone's team(s) or player(s).

My team (SD Chargers) are off to a 4-1 start. Granted, we haven't played very stiff competition. But, that said, we also haven't played up to our full potential. Rivers has been mediocre at best, which is bound to change. Gates has been hampered with injuries yet again. VJax, Mathews, and Floyd have also appeared on the injury reports with small nagging injuries. Bob Sanders was a bust pickup (already on IR...WHO KNEW?!). With that said there have been some positives.

Our rookies have impressed, especially Liuget. He's been the rock on the DL we've been missing for a bit. 2nd year HB Ryan Mathews is coming into his own as a player. He now has 3 straight weeks with 130+ total yards. Our young 2nd year (1st year playing) ILB Donald Butler has been playing out of his mind and that's great because Stephen Cooper has been on my **** list for the past few years. Our Special teams has been good, which is all we need. Nick Novak has filled Kaeding's shoes admirably (5/5 today, 11/11 season).

All in all, it's been a great start. Nothing much to complain about at 4-1. But there's certainly room for improvement. Smile

RE: OT: 5 games into the season, team/player evaluations.
The Phins are 0-4. Lost their starting QB, Bush and Burnett (two biggest off season moves) both have been terrible and we completely suck! Yep that pretty much sums it up. lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

My Bungals are doing better than anyone expected IMO.Our no name defense (other than the linebackers from USC) is performing at a pretty high level despite not getting into division play just yet. I'm curious to see how they do against the an offense that has legitimate lateral and vertical threats like Baltimore. Dalton is playing much like Carson in his first few years. I think we can roll over Cleveland Pittsburgh, but I think they will be lucky to split with the Ravens. I am stoked to see a top ten draft pick other than Carson to make as big or bigger impact that Green has made thus far. Yes making Caldwell and Graham look like studs. Gresh is looking like a first round pick this year.
Great thread, love these.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

(10-10-2011, 02:09 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: The Phins are 0-4. Lost their starting QB, Bush and Burnett (two biggest off season moves) both have been terrible and we completely suck! Yep that pretty much sums it up. lol.
Sorry about taking Henne out for the season. He got a bad break on that play. It was a busted play that went worse. Sad
(10-10-2011, 02:14 AM)mrgonzodad Wrote: My Bungals are doing better than anyone expected IMO.Our no name defense (other than the linebackers from USC) is performing at a pretty high level despite not getting into division play just yet. I'm curious to see how they do against the an offense that has legitimate lateral and vertical threats like Baltimore. Dalton is playing much like Carson in his first few years. I think we can roll over Cleveland Pittsburgh, but I think they will be lucky to split with the Ravens. I am stoked to see a top ten draft pick other than Carson to make as big or bigger impact that Green has made thus far. Yes making Caldwell and Graham look like studs. Gresh is looking like a first round pick this year.
Yeah, Andy Dalton to A.J. Green is going to be a formidable combo for years to come. I'm happy to say they're gonna help shake the "Bungles" moniker. A.J. Green is the truth. Guy's a FREAKISH talent. Big Grin

[quote='ejnfl24' pid='1736532' dateline='1318230906']

Sorry about taking Henne out for the season. He got a bad break on that play. It was a busted play that went worse. Sad

Its cool. Im the spokesperson for the "Suck For Luck" campaign. I appreciate the Chargers more now than ever before hehe.

Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(10-10-2011, 02:09 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: The Phins are 0-4. Lost their starting QB, Bush and Burnett (two biggest off season moves) both have been terrible and we completely suck! Yep that pretty much sums it up. lol.
yea that defiantly sucks
now my Ducks just lost their best player Sad

It may be a bad football year for me lol
(10-10-2011, 02:18 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: [quote='ejnfl24' pid='1736532' dateline='1318230906']

Its cool. Im the spokesperson for the "Suck For Luck" campaign. I appreciate the Chargers more now than ever before hehe.
I will be the co-spokesman!!

(10-10-2011, 02:18 AM)Marinoisking Wrote: yea that defiantly sucks
now my Ducks just lost their best player Sad
LaMichael's injury is a lot better than expected. He'll be back sooner rather than later I'd assume. No break and I don't think there's any major joint/ligament damage. I think Kenjon and De'Anthony will fill the void just fine if he has to miss any significant amount of time.

(10-10-2011, 02:27 AM)ejnfl24 Wrote: LaMichael's injury is a lot better than expected. He'll be back sooner rather than later I'd assume. No break and I don't think there's any major joint/ligament damage. I think Kenjon and De'Anthony will fill the void just fine if he has to miss any significant amount of time.
yea they are good....but I love having De'anthony in the slot....and its great having Barner spell James....thats just a nasty combo....on only thomas had a bit better arm....that would be an unstoppable force in Eugene

(10-10-2011, 02:14 AM)mrgonzodad Wrote: My Bungals are doing better than anyone expected IMO.Our no name defense (other than the linebackers from USC) is performing at a pretty high level despite not getting into division play just yet. I'm curious to see how they do against the an offense that has legitimate lateral and vertical threats like Baltimore. Dalton is playing much like Carson in his first few years. I think we can roll over Cleveland Pittsburgh, but I think they will be lucky to split with the Ravens. I am stoked to see a top ten draft pick other than Carson to make as big or bigger impact that Green has made thus far. Yes making Caldwell and Graham look like studs. Gresh is looking like a first round pick this year.
Im happy for you Bengals fans. I really hope the youth movement turns into a perennial playoff team down the road. Dalton seems to be the real deal. Good Luck this year!!!
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

THE BEARS ARE 2-2 AND QUESTIONABLE AS ALWAYS.......Smile I LIKE OUR D. OUR SPECIAL TEAMS ARE SOLID AS ALWAYS. WE'RE GOING INTO THE 4-0 LIONS DEN FOR MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL. AND I THINK IF WE CAN SOMEWHAT CONTAIN MEGA AND JAHVID BEST, WE HAVE A CHANCE. WE HAVE MORE THAN A CHANCE! WE'RE THE MUTHER****** CHICAGO BEARS MUTHER******!!!!!