`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wonder what goes through peoples minds

I wonder what goes through peoples minds
So I get a card in the mail this past Friday. I open it up, and get excited. It's a 2011 Topps Marquee Brett Gardner quad game used bat card #/199. That was going to be my Gardner bat card in his Yankees collection. The first side I see is the back of it, and I notice the toploader is bulging out, and there's no pennysleeve. Now I hate to get a card in just a toploader with no pennysleeve on it. There's just to much that can happen to it in transit, and taking it out. I flip it over, and the upper left hand corner of the toploader is all smashed up. This guy put a 180pt. card into a 100pt. toploader. Try as I might, i could'nt get that card to move an inch. I tried to pull it out, tried tapping it out, nothing worked. Looking at the upper left hand corner, it was worse than destroyed. The toploader looked like the old saying about 5 pounds of sausage in a 2 pound casing. I message the guy, who has 100% feedback, and no returns, and he sends back that he never had a problem shipping in toploaders before. The best part was he taped the toploader shut, which was pretty much useless, as the card was'nt going anywhere. I told him about what he did wrong, and that I was returning it 1 way or another. He eventually agreed to refund my money. I cant wait to see him attempt to get this card out. Just wanted to vent. Thanks.

RE: I wonder what goes through peoples minds
(10-09-2011, 10:58 AM)murrylove Wrote: So I get a card in the mail this past Friday. I open it up, and get excited. It's a 2011 Topps Marquee Brett Gardner quad game used bat card #/199. That was going to be my Gardner bat card in his Yankees collection. The first side I see is the back of it, and I notice the toploader is bulging out, and there's no pennysleeve. Now I hate to get a card in just a toploader with no pennysleeve on it. There's just to much that can happen to it in transit, and taking it out. I flip it over, and the upper left hand corner of the toploader is all smashed up. This guy put a 180pt. card into a 100pt. toploader. Try as I might, i could'nt get that card to move an inch. I tried to pull it out, tried tapping it out, nothing worked. Looking at the upper left hand corner, it was worse than destroyed. The toploader looked like the old saying about 5 pounds of sausage in a 2 pound casing. I message the guy, who has 100% feedback, and no returns, and he sends back that he never had a problem shipping in toploaders before. The best part was he taped the toploader shut, which was pretty much useless, as the card was'nt going anywhere. I told him about what he did wrong, and that I was returning it 1 way or another. He eventually agreed to refund my money. I cant wait to see him attempt to get this card out. Just wanted to vent. Thanks.
I've had this happen and what you need to do is take a knife a cut it out of the toploader.
[Image: youkjumbosig_zps780de657.png]
Help me find the last one of these ^^^!!!
Bucket http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/20youksox
Current Youkilis Count:602/2117- 28.43%

i was gonna suggest some metal snips to cut it out of there

Exacto knife and cut the edges to get the card out. It won't of course fix it.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

It is so frustrating how some people mail cards. I received 4 cards just in the past month that were shipped in a regular envelope instead of a bubble envelope. They all arrived with a crease on it. I also had to wait over 3 weeks for a card twice within the last month. Some people just suck.

well at least you get your money back. im sure you will have no problem finding another gardner
[Image: banner-2-1.jpg]

I'll tell you what went though his mind....nothing. Some people just don't give a care. There are too many people out there who don't think and don't care about who is getting the item. All they care about is that they have their money already. It only takes a minute to pack up an item....if they don't have a top loader that works there are PLENTY of other ways ship it safely.

Do not take it out now that he's agreed to refund your money. Send it back to him just as you got it. Take it out now and he'll have a decent argument that you damaged it trying to remove it.
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

This:
[Image: KGrHqRigE5hBiV4WcBOhPKeYySw60_3.jpg]

Plus This:
[Image: PA072544.jpg]

Minus a Penny Sleeve

Equals This:
[Image: PA072543Cropped.jpg]
[Image: PA072540Copped.jpg]

ON A ONE OF ONE!!!