`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Had a white whale on the line - but it broke the hook off...

Had a white whale on the line - but it broke the hook off...
Well I was winning a 2006 Topps Triple Threads Mario Williams White Whale Autographed Press Plate, but at the end of the auction it went off with a bunch more bids and went just a little over my max bid... think it was shilled but if thats the case I'll see it again and next time I won't even bid that much Smile It's only a Press Plate, I told myself no more of them but I figured why not? Hope the winner enjoys his Mario 1/1 - cause I have all the GOOD ones hehehehehe! Smile
WANT ALL MARIO WILLIAMS & BRIAN CUSHING CARDS!!
[Image: LeinartLot007.jpg]
[Image: LeinartLot009.jpg]

RE: Had a white whale on the line - but it broke the hook off...
Eat your heart out shiller/poser mario collector....nd yeah man you cant get em all so why even try and waste the money when you can get other cards you need.

[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

Not shilled.... I was bidding on it too. :-)

never been a fan of press plates...I mean..you cant really call it a 1 of 1 card....its just a tool used to duplicate tons of the image depicted on the plate....so dont worry man...and you are right...you have pretty much all the nice 1/1s already Smile

RE: Had a white whale on the line - but it broke the hook off...PLUS DEF Hobby Talk!
(10-08-2011, 11:51 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Not shilled.... I was bidding on it too. :-)
Still, I'm glad if peeps are bidding on him, I want his cards to be WANTABLE!! Makes mine all that much sweeter, & also makes mine more valuable, not that I would sell a single Mario but I'd be happy if peeps would go crazy bid on his stuff, cause I have his 25 of his best 30 cards @ least, plus he is a MAN-BEAST and I think the defense players cards should be up there with the RB's, QB's, & WR's - why not they cover the WR's, they SCAK the QB's and try to get them off thier game, and they HOLD the line against the RB's! If AP's cards are so expensive because he's such a great RB - shouldn't the DEF's that can hold him to 30 yards and 0 TD's game worth mad jack as well seeing how they can stop the best RB in the game (NOt saying he is just using him as an example)

So did you win or did someone else win, cool if you did, at least a Texan fan got it where it will be enjoyed and not just flipped to make $10.00!

(10-09-2011, 12:23 AM)Marinoisking Wrote: never been a fan of press plates...I mean..you cant really call it a 1 of 1 card....its just a tool used to duplicate tons of the image depicted on the plate....so dont worry man...and you are right...you have pretty much all the nice 1/1s already Smile
Not only for that reason you can't call them a TRUE 1/1 is because well there is four of them granted each one is simply a different color but there is still 4 of them, that all look alike and carry the same picture as the card that there are 1,000's of. Plus all mine do really is still in the back, back of my box because they are the less eye appealing thing in my collection (except the 2006 UC Plate Auto, I like that one a little bit) And when I get one I'm like yeah cool, another card to scrtach off the Player Checklist, but I just paid "this much" for a card that is ugly....should have got cool multi-colored patch, something.... I'd stll be happy for the scratch mark though even after thinking that, cause I do want all his cards at some point.
WANT ALL MARIO WILLIAMS & BRIAN CUSHING CARDS!!
[Image: LeinartLot007.jpg]
[Image: LeinartLot009.jpg]

Iv never been a fan a press plates, so I think you didn't lose too much.

Nope, it went over what I would pay for a plate also.

(10-09-2011, 12:23 AM)Marinoisking Wrote: never been a fan of press plates...I mean..you cant really call it a 1 of 1 card....its just a tool used to duplicate tons of the image depicted on the plate....so dont worry man...and you are right...you have pretty much all the nice 1/1s already Smile
DONT HATE ON THE PLATES Sad

Gotta set that hook better Smile
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

[Image: 7.jpg]
I know this is a football thread, but in all honesty, this is the only white whale I own. I do have several printing plates, some autographed, but they don't look too appealing. If the cards looked like this with an auto and jersey combination, I could go for that. What gets me is the outrageous prices some people are trying to charge for the printing plate alone, no auto or jersey included. Most of them are ugly, and you can barely see the image. Plus, some are smudged, bent in corners, etc. I guess if someone is hell bent on owning every card a player has or is trying to finish a rainbow, then I guess they would want them. I personally don't believe the printing plates are necessary for a rainbow anyhow.
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]