`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Howard believes he tore his Achilles Tendon on the final play of the game

Ryan Howard believes he tore his Achilles Tendon on the final play of the game
Ouch that's an expensive injury that will surely cost him part of the season next year if not all of it as achilles injuries can take up to 12 months to fully heal and being he's a big boy with a lot of weight to support I'd think he'll be on the high end of that.

Quote:Ryan Howard believes he may have torn his left Achilles tendon while attempting to run out a ground ball on the final play of Friday's Game 5 loss to the Cardinals in the NLDS. Howard suffered the injury as soon as he got out of the batter's box and was unable to run to first base. "I was trying to run, and I just felt this pop," said Howard. "The whole thing just went numb, like it was on fire. Just tried to keep going, and went down. It literally felt like I was on a flat tire. I tried to get up. Couldn't go." Howard is scheduled to undergo an MRI on Saturday, but could miss part of the 2012 season if the injury requires surgery. Coincidentally, next season is the first year of his five-year, $125 million contract extension.

Quote:With Ryan Howard (ACL) potentially out six-to-twelve months, the player who stands to gain the most is outfielder Domonic Brown who would take over LF while Mayberry Jr. is shifted over to 1B.

RE: Ryan Howard believes he tore his Achilles Tendon on the final play of the game
(10-08-2011, 12:16 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Ouch that's an expensive injury that will surely cost him part of the season next year if not all of it as achilles injuries can take up to 12 months to fully heal and being he's a big boy with a lot of weight to support I'd think he'll be on the high end of that.
yep i agree, it possible he wont play the first half of next season, terrible injury to a great young player, hope it doesnt affect his career long term.

RE: Ryan Howard believes he tore his Achilles Tendon on the final play of the game
Best time to have an injury though, at least it wasn't the first play of the game on Opening Day
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Howard is 32 so not exactly young. He is on the downside of his career IMO and the Phillies will be paying $125 million over the next 5 years for him unless they find a sucker to take him. Throw Utley's bad contract in to the mix and the fact that Domonic Brown seemingly sucks, and it's gonna be a slim few years in Philly coming up. Don't care who's pitching if the team can't hit jack. I love the team and will continue to root but I honestly think the window is closed on this core group winning another World Series