Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Topps Update Jumbo Box with a 1/1

Strange Topps Update Jumbo Box with a 1/1
Hi, guys,
I opened a box of Topps Update Jumbo yesterday and it was a pretty strange box. First of all, collation was pretty bad - lots of duplicates and I'm missing about 60 cards for the set.

First pack, I got a Brandon League auto and then a few packs later I pulled ANOTHER Brandon League auto (not the greatest player to get two autos of!) Also, I pulled a Gio Gonzalez Jersey card and I thought that was it with my "hits" but then later I pulled a Zack Greinke Silk card numbered 49/50. Then in another pack I pulled a Yadier Molina Jersey card. Finally, I got a pack that looked like it had a nameplate in it so I saved that for last. I was disappointed to see on the back of the card that it was a Kevin Youkilis (being from the Midwest, I'm not a huge Red Sox fan) but then when I turned it over I saw that it had "Youk" on it and realized it was a nickname card and it was numbered 1/1 so that made the box for me!

RE: Strange Topps Update Jumbo Box with a 1/1
WOW that is a great break! You should probably sell the Youk card he is very popular with Red Sox collectors and it should bring in enough to cover another box. Are you gonna scan any of the break?

Great box, seems like there are a few nice ones being broken lately.
If they come up for trade, I'd love to get the Molina jersey card.
I collect Hosmer, Moustakas, Aaron Crow, David Freese, Allen Craig, Jason Motte. Also any Cardinals GU and autos, and newer Royals.

i gotta see the youk card.. please scan for us
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

I would be very interested in the Youk card. Let me know if it is for trade and if I have anything that you may want in my Org. Thanks.

Steve Devers

nice break
[Image: WillTheThrillSig.jpg]

What's with Topps and bad collation with Update? Last year's was horrible with the base cards but the hits seemed allright. I haven't got my box of Update yet, I hope mine's not like that...completing the set last year was a pain. However I'd trade the 60 base cards for a sweet 1/1 any day, so congrats!
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

Not sure what I want to do with the Youkilis yet - it is a pretty cool card. I want to keep the Molina as I am a huge Cardinal fan.
scan0002

(10-08-2011, 12:11 PM)emilydan Wrote: Not sure what I want to do with the Youkilis yet - it is a pretty cool card. I want to keep the Molina as I am a huge Cardinal fan.
scan0002
You should trade/ sell it to me!
[Image: youkjumbosig_zps780de657.png]
Help me find the last one of these ^^^!!!
Bucket http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/20youksox
Current Youkilis Count:602/2117- 28.43%

RE: Strange Topps Update Jumbo Box with a 1/1 with scans
Here are the rest.

baseball