`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, I am unfamiliar with BGS grading. Is it possible to remove a graded card slab?

RE: Hello, I am unfamiliar with BGS grading. Is it possible to remove a graded card slab?
Man I wish I could still play magic :-\

Fiancee' would pretty much disown me.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

RE: Hello, I am unfamiliar with BGS grading. Is it possible to remove a graded card slab?
(10-12-2011, 05:18 PM)y2hood Wrote: Man I wish I could still play magic :-\

Fiancee' would pretty much disown me.
=). My wife doesn't seem to mind, but I hardly play anymore, I mostly just collect these days.

(10-12-2011, 04:39 PM)DoubleEnvelopment Wrote: Actually I want to remove it because it's a Magic: The Gathering gaming card and it's not in the greatest shape... It would never get say an 8 or 9. It is a rare from the first printing (Alpha) and there were only 1,100 of each rare printed so it was the only copy I could find. I want to use it in my deck, therefore I want it out.
Your statement puzzles me. What Grading company graded it? You say it wouldn't grade an 8.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

BGS graded it, I am no expert however it the card has corner wear, a knick on the side edge, and ony got an 8.5 for centering, 7 for the remaining 3 catagories.

I sold off all of mine in 2001. She tells me all the time, "geez baby I don't think we woulda dated if I knew you back then" lol. She's not too serious about that stance.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

My wife is actually trying to push me back into MTG haha.

@OP - Get some friends that aren't whiny elitists and use a proxy for your graded card Tongue

Unless there's DCI tourneys that let you reach all the way back to Alpha, which I doubt.

(10-13-2011, 02:03 PM)kr0n420 Wrote: @OP - Get some friends that aren't whiny elitists and use a proxy for your graded card Tongue
I decided to keep it in the case for now....