`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCANNING CARDS????

SCANNING CARDS????
Has anyone found a simple, fast way to scan cards. I have a bunch of cards for trade and I want to post them.

I have my flat bed scanner, but takes forever for cards.

Any help that would be great.

BILLY D. (NOAHNATOR)

RE: SCANNING CARDS????
Maybe just adjust your setting on the scanner slightly to lessen the dpi so it doesn't take as long to scan.
[Image: fgdfdgdfgdfgdf.jpg]
CARD COUNT: (Met cards - 15655)      (Piazza - 1610)      (Wright - 759)

Or do a quick scan if your scanner has that feature. Or if you have a lot of cards, just take a picture.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

Thanks Guys.

On my scanner i can put as much as 9 on at a time and then select the individual cards and it creates a single scan for each card. kinda like a crop i guess. Maybe look and see if you have a similar feature on yours.
[Image: banner-2-1.jpg]

(10-07-2011, 12:40 PM)sastahl Wrote: On my scanner i can put as much as 9 on at a time and then select the individual cards and it creates a single scan for each card. kinda like a crop i guess. Maybe look and see if you have a similar feature on yours.
What kind of scanner do you have? That feature sounds like it would save me a few hours a week.

I bought my scanner for $5 at Goodwill. It is slowly dying, is louder than a trash compactor, takes 43 seconds to scan a single card, and has no working ports other than the SD card, so transferring files is a pain. But if you take a look at my buckets it is still working.

A couple words of advice. Single scans look 3000x better than multiple cards in a scan. Also clean off the glass every 20 scans or so. I'm a relativley neat person, and can't believe the amount of dust particles that get in there even after just a few scans. Finally label your pictures, even if it is just the player name, but the more labeling the better.