`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Most $$ You Ever Spent On Single Card?

Most $$ You Ever Spent On Single Card?
If your like me, you probably have somewhat of a budget when it comes to your card collecting habits. But every so often, that card pops up on Ebay, or you just finally decide, "Nows the time", and pull the trigger. These are the cards you would never dare tell your Wife/girlfriend or Husband/boyfriend how much you've spent on them.
For me, there are three. All ran me about the same, between $400-$500 each. They would be the 1968 Ryan Rookie PSA 7, the 1948 Bowman Stan Musial PSA 5, and the 1949 Bowman Jackie Robinson PSA 4. What are your's?

[Image: scan0002.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Most $$ You Ever Spent On Single Card?
Im in the market for a Ryan Rookie as well, looking for a nice 8. Also in the market for a Seaver and a Gretzky...

Most expensive card to date is a '69 Ryan 8. Just got it in the mail today Smile

Sorry its blurry, its an old scanner. $325 is not what I paid, thats just bv.

[Image: scan0001-1.jpg]

I might pay up to 1200 for the Gretzky...I still play hockey 3 nights a week and saw him play a full season in MSG, dude had some serious hockey sense, smartest player Ive ever seen.

(10-06-2011, 06:56 PM)Merovius Wrote: Im in the market for a Ryan Rookie as well, looking for a nice 8. Also in the market for a Seaver and a Gretzky...

Most expensive card to date is a '69 Ryan 8. Just got it in the mail today Smile

Sorry its blurry, its an old scanner. $325 is not what I paid, thats just bv.

[Image: scan0001-1.jpg]

I might pay up to 1200 for the Gretzky...I still play hockey 3 nights a week and saw him play a full season in MSG, dude had some serious hockey sense, smartest player Ive ever seen.
have an auto SP from trilogy graded a 10( auto ) card is a BGS authentic holder will sell for the right price

http://s1182.photobucket.com/albums/x456/scampbell379/
I collect Tony Gwynn, Cal Ripken and Stan Musial in base ball and all the OFF Roaders in NASCAR, and bust FB every now and then but no emotional attachment to any of the hits i pull if some thing catches your eye let me know

2k for my machado

[Image: machadosuperfront.jpg]
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

Sweet looking Nolan Ryan card. I'm only playing with lunch money compared to you guys.. I Bought a 2010 Bowman Chrome Drew Pomeranz Gold Ref. AU for $125.

Great Cards! The Seaver is on my list as well, but will be awhile before I make that purchase. Trying to post a scan of my three, but cant figure it out.?

(10-06-2011, 07:00 PM)westhoustonvw Wrote: 2k for my machado

[Image: machadosuperfront.jpg]
wow, thats some serious cash for cardboard
[Image: WillTheThrillSig.jpg]

$320 for a usa harper green au 2/2

My first "big" buy was $40 for sp teixeira rc after it was released

(10-06-2011, 07:03 PM)jtollefsrud Wrote: Great Cards! The Seaver is on my list as well, but will be awhile before I make that purchase. Trying to post a scan of my three, but cant figure it out.?
upload the pics to a site like photobucket and then past the "IMG" code to the message boards

Love the 3 cards you chose
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

The Pujols in my Sig. I sold a TON of cards on the Bay for that one.....
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/