`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10/11 Artifacts

10/11 Artifacts
DA Card World has boxes of 10/11 Artifacts for $39.95 marked down from $71.99. Is this a good deal or is the price cut most likely due to 11/12 being released? I want to break another box with some decent stuff in it without paying a lot of money for it since I still haven't paid off credit card purchases on eBay lol.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

RE: 10/11 Artifacts
good luck on your breaks
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Certainly a decent price, since you're almost always going to get a redemption RC, a couple of GU's, couple rookies and an auto. I'd pick a few up if I had the coin.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

I really shouldn't be buying anything, but I have the itch and I cant stop scratching it haha. Reffing is starting up again so it's a nice source of additional income so I keep using that as an excuse that it's okay to buy some stuff.

I think I'm gonna mull it over this weekend and see how I feel about it come Monday or Tuesday. I just wanted opinions since I'm still a rookie at collecting in my mind.

PC's

Unique Avs Cards = 1303

The only problem with Artifacts, is that it doesn't hold the same value as a lot of UD's other similar products. I picked up an Ovi dual patch from SPx, traded about $80 for it. Same card in Ultimate took me more than $100 to get, and the Artifacts version I traded less than $50 for. It's released a bit too early in the season for it to really gain its value, and it happens every year. Still, $40 is a great price for that product, it's usually $100/box retail, so going from $10 a pack to less than $4 is excellent value for your dollar. Worth what you're putting into it at that price, for sure.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

also keep in mind this question "when do the artifacts redemption expire"

I just looked this up. Looks like this might be retail boxes and not Hobby as it says they are 24 pack boxes and the hobby ones are actually 10 packs per box. I'm not completely sure but I believe the hits are different between retail and hobby boxes. They have Hobby boxes listed for $93.95 which seems more accurate.
Please check out www.hockeyvadim.com for my whole collection

Banner done by "Tha Penguin"

[Image: vadim002.png]

(10-06-2011, 05:54 PM)hockeyvadim Wrote: I just looked this up. Looks like this might be retail boxes and not Hobby as it says they are 24 pack boxes and the hobby ones are actually 10 packs per box. I'm not completely sure but I believe the hits are different between retail and hobby boxes. They have Hobby boxes listed for $93.95 which seems more accurate.
great catch this makes a big difference in my mind

This was going to be my guess. I know that $40. is about what they sell the retail version of in thier stores.

Looking at the listing, that is exactly what the listing is. As far as the odds, this is right off the listing on thier site:

PRODUCT BREAKDOWN:
24 packs per box

Memorabilia Cards
- Treasured Swatches - inserted 1:36
- Frozen Artifacts - inserted 1:36
Rookie Cards
- Artifacts Rookies - numbered to 999
- Artifacts Rookie redemptions cards - inserted 1:96

Signature Cards
- Auto Facts - inserted 1:1000

So, it's $40 for technically no guarantee (since odds of anything are 1:36 and you only get 24 packs), or you can buy the HOBBY version for roughly $94 which should have 3 memorabilia, 1 AutoFacts, and 1 Rookie Redemption...

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

I don't know the difference between hobby and retail. I just got back in to collecting. Does this mean there is a lesser chance of getting hits? Or just different, not as good hits?
Yeah I saw those odds on the listing, but I've been doing decent with packs lately so I figured I would take a chance for $40 and hope for the best lol

PC's

Unique Avs Cards = 1303