`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: newest injury...

RE: OT: newest injury...
Maybe it's the football God's way of showing mercy....
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

Funny...Wink VY has a better chance getting a SB ring than Marino ever did... What do you consider garbage??? A QB with an actual pretty good winning record, or one in his day could just not get it done... To me, sounds like ANY QB that can't win the big game is GARBAGE...

(10-06-2011, 06:36 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Every QB mentioned in this thread is garbage except Luck of course. None of these guys should even be in the league except maybe Tebow and Garrard. Tebow is a stretch but if we havent seen him on the field its hard to say he cant play.

The issues with the Phins go so deep that even landing Luck wont change the culture surrounding the team. Miami is probably the worst sports town in America. If the fans dont fill up the seats the owner(s) spend less money. They didnt bring in Garrard because they didnt want to pay him the amount Garrard wanted. Even if Garrard was signed so what. Best case scenario is a 6-10 season. I too would rather save the money than giving it to Garrard knowing your season is already over.

The majority owner needs to step up and be the face of the franchise and create a culture change that losing is not acceptable. The fans need to get over the Marino effect. He is never coming back so stop comparing every new QB to Marino. All this does is put added pressure on the new QB and sets unrealistic goals. Marino was a once in a lifetime player. Can you imagine what pressure Luck will be under if drafted by the Phins??? It will be a media storm of Marino vs. Luck. I would love to have Luck but replacing a legend is almost impossible.

They need to fire Sparano ASAP. They dont even want him to be the coach. How can players buy into a coach who is not backed by the management??? Quite honestly when you look up and down on their roster they have some good to even great players. No way they should be 0-4 right now. I didnt predict a playoff run this year but I also wouldnt have been shocked if they won the wild card at 9-7 or even 10-6.

Kevin Burnett and Reggie Bush have been horrible. Daniel Thomas cant stay healthy. Henne is terrible when the pressure is on and most importantly looks exactly the same as he did back in 2009 when he first became the starter. There has been little to no progress with his game. The O-line hasnt performed the way I thought they would. I had them in the top 5 Olines in the league when the season started. And Brandon Marshall??? Whats going on with this guy??? Only 4 TD catches in a Phins uni. Calvin Johnson does that in one half of one game lol. Cmon man step it up already!!!

In the end the Phins are terrible. The ownership is terrible. The fan base in Miami is terrible. Everything started going downhill in that organization ever since Dan Marino retired. They were never prepared to maintain without him. The Phins have no shot of turning this around unless they find someone to bring in like they did with Parcells because they have no clue what they are doing. I would recommend hiring a big time coach and give him complete control or at least the majority of control to run things. ie Gruden, Cowher, Billick, etc.
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

Bakerman, the way you write about the Phins makes me think they might move to LA in the new stadium.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

(10-06-2011, 07:34 PM)superynaldo Wrote: Funny...Wink VY has a better chance getting a SB ring than Marino ever did... What do you consider garbage??? A QB with an actual pretty good winning record, or one in his day could just not get it done... To me, sounds like ANY QB that can't win the big game is GARBAGE...
Im speechless.
(10-06-2011, 07:40 PM)mrgonzodad Wrote: Bakerman, the way you write about the Phins makes me think they might move to LA in the new stadium.
I wouldnt be against it though it would be really weird. Also I think San Diego may be the team that moves.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Bakerman,

I share in your disgust. It is evident that there is no faith in Sparano by management. They will PROBABLY let him coach out the rest of the season. One thing I am pretty sure of: Miami WILL screw up getting Andrew Luck. Either they will trade it away for something crazy, or someone puts them in position where they do not have the number one pick. There are still a lot of bad teams in the NFL.

Your right, Henne has been piss poor in the red zone, HOWEVER, he has picked up his game in other aspects that he was poor at or was not given the opportunity by the former OC. His running game, audible calling at the line and willingness to go downfield more often have been assets to the team. He looked GREAT against New England. Half of his interceptions were last minute, toss it up type plays. The kid is not Aaron Rodgers, but he was really working to improve himself. I am personally frustrated that he is gone for the year. I think he would have shown that he is a capable pro level quarterback.

The defense is the area of greatest disappointment. This was supposed to be a top ten defense. While the red zone offense in Miami has been terrible, I think the defense has been more negligent. Vontae Davis is out for the time being, Kevin Burnett has been useless and Cameron Wake has been dissappointing. If you have to release players because they give up 102 or so passing plays, you know you got problems. Marshall has also been underproductive. The Reggie Bush deal looks like a bust too.

Things that do look up: if Daniel Thomas stays healthy, it looks like he will provide offense for years to come. Clyde Gates is still the leading returnman in the league, but only because the other teams score so often he gets to return lots of kicks. If Henne passes the ball to him in bounds more often, he could be an asset. Brian Hartline looks to be playing well this year as well.

I would love to see them get Luck... I think he could do a better job than Henne, but thats not a shot at Chad. It appears that he has that rare skill set that only comes around once in awhile. I would like to see them get Luck, but we have about six more months to wait to see what happens.