`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Larry Bird Mail Day

Larry Bird Mail Day
I am so happy to add these to my PC. NFS/NFT. Just showing off. These come from the September 28th signing in Indiana.

[Image: birdlarry1.jpg]

RE: Larry Bird Mail Day
Sweet cards, did you get them signed in person? I'd love to meet Larry Bird - he's one of my heroes.

I didn't get these signed personally. I mailed them into a private signing. I can't see Larry ever doing a public event. He's not that type of guy. He doesn't like being told how great he is and stuff. I've met him outside of hotels and outside of the original Boston Garden a few times. He's not a jerk or anything but not overly friendly. He's a humble guy that doesn't want to deal with the adulation of fans. His signature is garbage for free on the street. He does these private signings for dealers once or twice a year. You just have to pay the dealer and give them your items to get signed for you. The signatures are much better when you pay for them. He usually only writes a really sloppy "Bird" for free. I can live with paying for nice stuff I've wanted to have in my P/C for 20-30 years. LOL!

Those are nice. Did you request to have the fleer card signed in gray instead of blue or did they do that on their own?

Very nice, congrats!
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(10-06-2011, 04:20 PM)david campos Wrote: Those are nice. Did you request to have the fleer card signed in gray instead of blue or did they do that on their own?
I had to tag everything how I wanted them done before I gave them off.
(10-06-2011, 08:07 PM)bostonlarry Wrote: I had to tag everything how I wanted them done before I gave them off.
It's actually silver and shows up much better when you hold it in your hand.

The Topps came out beautiful

(10-07-2011, 03:03 AM)folkertino Wrote: The Topps came out beautiful

Thanks!