`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fakest patch I've ever seen

RE: Fakest patch I've ever seen
(10-05-2011, 03:33 PM)msimonds Wrote: Am I the only one that read this......... I dont think so, shows 120 have.......

TOS Reminder to all users
This is not directed at any particular user, but after having to edit/delete multiple threads in the last 10 minutes, I think perhaps a general board reminder is in order.

From the TOS:

Posting links that take users outside of the Beckett.com website for commercial purposes is not allowed (unless specifically built into Beckett.com profile pages for example). This includes links to auction sites, marketing sites, MLM sites, and any other retail sites.

In addition:

Be extremely careful with making allegations relating to such things as users selling or buying fake patches, accusations of card trimming, etc. Please remember
that it is against the Terms of Service to publish user information, and doing so (especially in cases like this) can possibly result in legal action against you.

While I can understand and appreciate the sentiment behind trying to 'warn' users
of potential fakes, etc...lately it has seemingly become less about that and more to the point of 'racing' other users to be the first to find and post links to every suspect card.

A general discussion of fake cards, how to identify them, and even users who have been proven to continually produce and sell fake cards would be appropriate. Posting links to every suspect Ebay auction is not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Excuse me warden and no I hadn't read it. A simple pm or hey man they posted about this would have been sufficient but I guess that would have been the right way to go about it and we couldnt have that
Just talked to the seller and he pulled it said he got it from a big collection he bought and it looked clean but agreed with me on the patch. Not a lot of people out there like that.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

(10-05-2011, 03:38 PM)biglump007 Wrote: Excuse me warden and no I hadn't read it. A simple pm or hey man they posted about this would have been sufficient but I guess that would have been the right way to go about it and we couldnt have that
Just talked to the seller and he pulled it said he got it from a big collection he bought and it looked clean but agreed with me on the patch. Not a lot of people out there like that.
Lmfao!!! Smile The inmates are loose!!!
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

I am glad the seller pulled the card but honestly, if you collect cards and have sold as much as he has over 6k feedbacks, he should have known better... NFL Logo patches dont just show up on cards numbered to 999. That deserves a "COME ON MAN!!!"

(10-05-2011, 04:02 PM)diablo71 Wrote: I am glad the seller pulled the card but honestly, if you collect cards and have sold as much as he has over 6k feedbacks, he should have known better... NFL Logo patches dont just show up on cards numbered to 999. That deserves a "COME ON MAN!!!"
+10000000
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

It says "be careful" and don't post links to every SUSPECT eBay auction. This one is so painfully obvious, it is ridiculous. I read that TOS reminder as "don't make accusations without substantiation". There is no question with this. I don't think this was a violation of the TOS, so much as a PSA.

(Plus, it's pretty funny.)

For the record, the 'warning' was intended to be about posting links to live Ebay auctions - that's the problem that we keep having to edit/correct. I only included the info about the fake patch accusations, because that's the form most of the violations have taken lately.

Like I said, if you want to link to closed auctions to show examples of what to look out for, and how to protect yourself, fine. But all of the linking to active Ebay auctions lately is what needs to stop.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

That Patch is a joke !! Uhm yea, an NFL logo shield on a card numbered /999, I dont think so....And to top it off it was poorly done.
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

I am sure you can just post a picture of it and people can figure it out for themselves and as far as i can tell this idea is within the terms.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

Haha nice find. I love finding these things and call out them people. As for the seller saying he got it from a big collection he bought is bull he bought the card by itself for 10.75 and left neutral feedback because of the shipping. haha He just didnt want to admit that he either bought it thinking its real, or he thought he could turn a bigger buck on the fake. either way good find.
Always looking for MJ-Lebron-Wade-Durant-Hill-Wall-Cousins-Bledsoe-Patterson-Orton-Meeks-Prince-Magloire-Nazr-Mercer-McCarty-Delk-Walker-Mashburn- Football-Cobb-Conner-Tamme
[Image: sigpic2.png]