`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone have anything trades pending with MichaelStepper?

RE: Anyone have anything trades pending with MichaelStepper?
(10-06-2011, 10:37 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Mike wouldn't do this. What does he owe you? You may try sending him a letter reminding him he owes you and seeing what is up. I highly doubt he is trying to stiff you. I have done $1000 deals with him and he always comes through. I will see if I can get in touch maybe.
I dropped him a message as well. Let me see if he responds to me and we will go from there. Hopefully I can help you out. We were pretty active trade partners on here.
I'd appreciate it. He owes me the cards below:

2003 SPx Winning Materials 175 #MP2B Mike Piazza Num
2003 SPx Winning Materials 50 #JB2A Jeff Bagwell Logo
2006 Sweet Spot Super Sweet Swatch #RZ Ryan Zimmerman Jsy/299
2006 Upper Deck Epic Materials Blue #RC1 Roger Clemens Jsy/99
2007 Topps Update All-Star Stitches #RO Roy Oswalt
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

Okay, it took a week but I have gotten in contact with Mike.

In a nut shell this was his response.
He said he doesn't know what happened but two of his packages never made there destination. They weren't big enough for him to use DC on. He stated he hasn't been on Beckett in two months and has no plans to return soon. He said tough times have caused him to have to really cut back. He also stated he has sent you a message offering a replacement. That is the extent of it.

So you should have a message from him now and should be getting this taken care of. Please post here when you do to clear his name as a bad trader. I'd hate to see a guy like him on the list when he means well and is a good guy.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Thanks dbroockerd. I really appreciate your help. He did finally contact and say he's going to send me something but didn't state what it was. You would think after the first package got lost he would have used tracking on the second package. I still to this day do not understand why people don't use delivery confirmation. Your just asking for trouble. I will update this thread once I receive the package.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

(10-19-2011, 09:32 AM)benner73 Wrote: Thanks dbroockerd. I really appreciate your help. He did finally contact and say he's going to send me something but didn't state what it was. You would think after the first package got lost he would have used tracking on the second package. I still to this day do not understand why people don't use delivery confirmation. Your just asking for trouble. I will update this thread once I receive the package.
i disagree with that. I use delivery confirmation on big trades, or if im trading with someone i do not know . When im trading with most people on here , i dnt use it. I know that if they say their package was lost, that they arent lying about it , because i trust them. In that scenario i would make the trade right with either new cards, money, or sending their end back to them. I think its a waste of money to use it to be honest...ive done prob 400 trades including when the site was down and never had an issue with stuff getting lost. If its a big trade i'll use it just in case something happens, but if its not, and something does get lost, i will fix the situation with the other trader. with the amount of trading i do i think its too expensive to use dc on every trade

(10-19-2011, 09:51 AM)john1580 Wrote: i disagree with that. I use delivery confirmation on big trades, or if im trading with someone i do not know . When im trading with most people on here , i dnt use it. I know that if they say their package was lost, that they arent lying about it , because i trust them. In that scenario i would make the trade right with either new cards, money, or sending their end back to them. I think its a waste of money to use it to be honest...ive done prob 400 trades including when the site was down and never had an issue with stuff getting lost. If its a big trade i'll use it just in case something happens, but if its not, and something does get lost, i will fix the situation with the other trader. with the amount of trading i do i think its too expensive to use dc on every trade
Although your points are valid. DC cost me $0.19 on Paypal and I use it for every trade, big and small. I trust, but like to verify..
Just a thought..

The problem with DC is that it confirms that the package is delivered, but it doesn't mean it was delivered to the right place. I get stuff for my neighbors all the time. I use it, but I find that a receipt from the P.O. showing the delivery destination and date to be just as effective.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

(10-19-2011, 10:33 AM)beatles guy Wrote: The problem with DC is that it confirms that the package is delivered, but it doesn't mean it was delivered to the right place. I get stuff for my neighbors all the time. I use it, but I find that a receipt from the P.O. showing the delivery destination and date to be just as effective.
Right..after it is scanned as delivered, the sender should be off the hook and the PO and postal delivery person (can not say mailman anymore!) is responsible. DC confirms that the post office got the package and it was delivered. If the postal person - worker type person can not put it in the right box, how is that the sender's problem? I refer those things back to the post office..At least with the DC, you can tell where the package went wrong..at the delivery site, otherwise, it fell off the truck etc etc..

So, not perfect, but the best option other than the $2.50 signature required option..at least for a small trade.

Oh..I use signature confirmation on items and trades over $100..

(10-19-2011, 11:01 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: Right..after it is scanned as delivered, the sender should be off the hook and the PO and postal delivery person (can not say mailman anymore!) is responsible. DC confirms that the post office got the package and it was delivered. If the postal person - worker type person can not put it in the right box, how is that the sender's problem? I refer those things back to the post office..At least with the DC, you can tell where the package went wrong..at the delivery site, otherwise, it fell off the truck etc etc..

So, not perfect, but the best option other than the $2.50 signature required option..at least for a small trade.

Exactly my point. I gladly pay .19 for DC on every trade. If DC verify's that they shipped it I would never hold the other person accountable. If there's no DC then I would expect the other person to send replacements.

(10-19-2011, 11:01 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: Right..after it is scanned as delivered, the sender should be off the hook and the PO and postal delivery person (can not say mailman anymore!) is responsible. DC confirms that the post office got the package and it was delivered. If the postal person - worker type person can not put it in the right box, how is that the sender's problem? I refer those things back to the post office..At least with the DC, you can tell where the package went wrong..at the delivery site, otherwise, it fell off the truck etc etc..

i use signature confirmation on big trades also. Well worth it . I really have to get that paypal shipping , i just dnt know how to do anything lol...my wife goes to the po for me i dnt even do that most of the time

(10-19-2011, 01:44 PM)john1580 Wrote: i use signature confirmation on big trades also. Well worth it . I really have to get that paypal shipping , i just dnt know how to do anything lol...my wife goes to the po for me i dnt even do that most of the time
If you already have a paypal acct, it's so easy to use the shipping labels & add d/c. The menu for multiple shipping orders is what you use create 1 or more labels. The menu is easy to follow, just need to input type of package, adressee etc. Print & either drop off a the PO or have your carrier pick up.
I've been using online labels (print-n-ship) for years on ebay & used it when i started trading last year.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered