`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ADVICE - '06 & '07 Bowman & Bowman Draft Prospects

ADVICE - '06 & '07 Bowman & Bowman Draft Prospects
I'm still in the process of loading up my organizer to trade for my set needs. I'm pulling the prospects who I believe should have most interest. I'm looking for advice on any I may miss.
There are a few obvious pulls (Pence, Gallardo, Trumbo etc...)
but here is what I've pulled out so far (below) any suggestion on others would be appreciated.

Allen Craig
Conger
Tata
Fister
Napoli
Pence
Gallardo
Trumbo
Jaime Garcia
Joyce
Masterson

Boesch
Fuld
D. Jennings

A note on Napoli:
When he was with the Angels I always wondered why they didn't seem to want to give him the everyday shot. When they let him get away, I said. "Dumb" The guy is quality.

As I'm writing this, Jennings hits his second homer... man, I got rid of a lot of refractors, blue and oranges in '07... "Dumb" lol

RE: ADVICE - '06 & '07 Bowman & Bowman Draft Prospects
I will trade for any and all of the David Christensen cards from '06 draft. Let me know.
Collecting Dan Haren,Troy Tulowitzki, Al Rosen, David Christensen, Kevin Elster and Jamal
Anderson(RB)

I would always pick up Napoli in fantasy, but the Angels never realized how much power he had and started Mathis a lot, so I usually never got the chance to start him. He's one of the most powerful players in the majors, and by far the best power-hitting catcher
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

The reason Scioscia played Mathis over Napoli was defense. Mathis is an above average defender behind the plate and Napoli is one of the worst in the league. Which makes sense, besides a pitcher that throws a complete game, the catcher handles the ball more than any other defender. But why not try him at 1B?

But I agree, I have always been a Napoli fan. Last year I really wanted the Tigers to trade for him at the deadline and fill him in as a DH.
Guillen: 536 cards~42 GU~9 Patches~6 Autos~17 1/1s
Cabrera: 137 cards~4 GU~3 Patches~2 Autos~0 1/1s
Edmonds: 221 cards~10 GU~2 Patches~3 Autos~0 1/1s
[Image: WilliamsQuad-1.jpg]

Scioscia is now playing the combination of Mathis/Bobby Wilson over Hank Conger! So frustrating, Scioscia needs to give Conger a shot, he tears up the minors and gets no playing time in the majors, whats the point of calling him up then?
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

(10-04-2011, 08:28 AM)elfeo013 Wrote: Scioscia is now playing the combination of Mathis/Bobby Wilson over Hank Conger! So frustrating, Scioscia needs to give Conger a shot, he tears up the minors and gets no playing time in the majors, whats the point of calling him up then?
Scioscia is playing golf now. Hahahaha

I think he really had his hopes on Mathis. With him having a horrible 2011 I expect to see a lot of Conger in 2012.

Guillen: 536 cards~42 GU~9 Patches~6 Autos~17 1/1s
Cabrera: 137 cards~4 GU~3 Patches~2 Autos~0 1/1s
Edmonds: 221 cards~10 GU~2 Patches~3 Autos~0 1/1s
[Image: WilliamsQuad-1.jpg]

Let me know of any Michael Saunders and Mike Carps you have from 2007. Thanks
SUPERCOLLECTOR OF KEN GRIFFEY JR AND MICHAEL SAUNDERS

[Image: myguys.png]

(10-04-2011, 05:25 PM)grfyfan Wrote: Let me know of any Michael Saunders and Mike Carps you have from 2007. Thanks
I didn't get much of '07 BDPP, I know I have a Saunders refractor though and 2 Chromes I believe. Don't think I have any Carp. Remember though, I'm looking to complete sets.

So, anyone else have any suggestions on who to pull from '06 & '07?

There are bunch of nice cards in the '06 draft. In the regular set there is the Napoli you mentioned along with Andre Ethier, Matt Kemp, Jon Lester James Shields, Josh Johnson and Jered Weaver. In the Draft Picks section there is Travis Snider, Kyle Drabek and Tyler Colvin. Chris Parmelee and Chris Marrero were both called up when the rosters expanded. Pablo Sandoval in the Futures Game.
Collecting Dan Haren,Troy Tulowitzki, Al Rosen, David Christensen, Kevin Elster and Jamal
Anderson(RB)

(10-05-2011, 06:08 PM)aquariustg Wrote: There are bunch of nice cards in the '06 draft. In the regular set there is the Napoli you mentioned along with Andre Ethier, Matt Kemp, Jon Lester James Shields, Josh Johnson and Jered Weaver. In the Draft Picks section there is Travis Snider, Kyle Drabek and Tyler Colvin. Chris Parmelee and Chris Marrero were both called up when the rosters expanded. Pablo Sandoval in the Futures Game.
I just pulled the Parmelee cards... Kung Fu Panda, I sold most of his stuff in '09. I know I sold most of my Drabek's and Lesters too.
As far as Kemp, Ethier etc... most of those guys have earlier cards. I'm talking about true RC's (or FY/DP) here. Eh, it's hard to explain these days, but I think you know what I mean.

BTW... so far I've pulled 3 base & 4 Gold David Christensen '06.
Remember though... I'm trying to finish off sets, not add to prospectors hoards! Smile I don't mean that in a bad way... just that I can't let my dupes be cherry picked... or I'll never complete the sets.

From '07 I've added:
Litsch
Lofgren
Edgar Garcia
Alcombrack
Brignac
Jesus Guzman (I believe his base Bowman to be short printed)
Brantley
Jason Taylor
Matt Sweeney