`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got Shilled?

RE: Got Shilled?
(10-01-2011, 04:20 PM)Duchovny2 Wrote: The photo was cropped when I posted it, the bidder had 94% bidding history with this seller, so I don't think I'm wrong.

[Image: 7.jpg]
Could you pm me the name of the seller please?

Thank you!!!! Smile
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

Another shill bidding accusation with nothing but insignificant circumstantial proof? Color me shocked.

(10-01-2011, 06:03 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Another shill bidding accusation with nothing but insignificant circumstantial proof? Color me shocked.
What more proof do you want? A video tape of the seller bidding on his own item? All the proof is there.
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

Well for one- who "shills" $30.01? You bid that because the common bid would be $30 and you want to BEAT IT. A shill bidder doesn't want to win the auction. Secondly, the shill bidder cost you $3, there was another bidder willing to pay almost the same as you.

I'm not saying it was not a shill bidder and I buy FAR too much on Ebay to condone shilling. It very well may have been in this case, I don't know. Everyone has tinfoil hats on lately. No one EVER loses an auction any more. There are only 2 outcomes to an auction recently- #1: Win the auction, and #2: Shilled and cheated out of the win. There is no 3rd option.

(10-01-2011, 06:31 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Well for one- who "shills" $30.01? You bid that because the common bid would be $30 and you want to BEAT IT. A shill bidder doesn't want to win the auction. Secondly, the shill bidder cost you $3, there was another bidder willing to pay almost the same as you.

I'm not saying it was not a shill bidder and I buy FAR too much on Ebay to condone shilling. It very well may have been in this case, I don't know. Everyone has tinfoil hats on lately. No one EVER loses an auction any more. There are only 2 outcomes to an auction recently- #1: Win the auction, and #2: Shilled and cheated out of the win. There is no 3rd option.
I dont agree. Yea there are some baby's/newbies that are like oh man i got out bid by 1 dollar when for all they know it could have been 100 dollars. When some one has more than 20% bid activity ...its shill, What are the odds? yea maybe once in a weird great while you might have someone who buys that much from 1 particular buyer but C'mon where there smoke theres fire and when it walks and looks like a duck its usually a DUCK
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

(10-01-2011, 06:31 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Well for one- who "shills" $30.01? You bid that because the common bid would be $30 and you want to BEAT IT. A shill bidder doesn't want to win the auction. Secondly, the shill bidder cost you $3, there was another bidder willing to pay almost the same as you.

Well I guess you're right. It's pretty commonplace for a bidder to only bid on one seller 94% of the time. My bad! I'm pretty sure I have no idea what I'm talking about. I've been keeping an eye out on this sort of activity for the last 7 months, and ebay has found at least six instances where there was shilling involved. I'm also pretty sure that if the bidder in question had actually won the item, that I would have gotten the customary Second Chance offer. Like I said, I'm wrong and I have no clue what I'm talking about....
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]