`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
times you should have pulled the trigger (on a deal), and didnt.

times you should have pulled the trigger (on a deal), and didnt.
I was just recently thinking of how i was at cubs convention in January of 2010 and there was a table of game used items a vender was selling. I saw a pair of batting gloves that were cool, and the guy who used and signed him had a really cool name! i didnt follow the minors then so i had no idea who he was. He had them listed at 40, and i asked whats the best he could do. He said he needed to stand at 40. so i decided to pass. In that same season the player got called up to the majors. his name is Starlin Castro. still shakin my head everytime i think of this.
anyone else have a story like this?
collecting Cheslor Cuthbert.
I can 50/50 midwest league autos.
[Image: chesbatting-2-1.jpg]

RE: times you should have pulled the trigger, and didnt.
tough loss

RE: times you should have pulled the trigger (on a deal), and didnt.
up up and away to the top!
collecting Cheslor Cuthbert.
I can 50/50 midwest league autos.
[Image: chesbatting-2-1.jpg]

(09-30-2011, 06:26 PM)insidethevines Wrote: I was just recently thinking of how i was at cubs convention in January of 2010 and there was a table of game used items a vender was selling. I saw a pair of batting gloves that were cool, and the guy who used and signed him had a really cool name! i didnt follow the minors then so i had no idea who he was. He had them listed at 40, and i asked whats the best he could do. He said he needed to stand at 40. so i decided to pass. In that same season the player got called up to the majors. his name is Starlin Castro. still shakin my head everytime i think of this.
anyone else have a story like this?
The one I can think of is the one that I did jump on. A BGS 8.5 2007 bowman chrome Orange ref /25 Josh Hamilton. My winning bid was 10 bucks. My biggest steal by far!

Brian Wilson 2006 Upper Deck Rookie Foil Platinum serial #/15...BIN of $5 on ebay. Wilson's from my hometown so when he first got called up, I bought some of his cards. Never thought he would have any impact as a player, being an obscure middle reliever, so I passed on buying it. Had other more important things to spend my money on. Absolutely stupid stupid stupid.