`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I AM PEED OFF! Shillers??

RE: I AM PEED OFF! Shillers??
I don't think it was shilled, the numbers just aren't there bid wise, in my opinion, someone else really wanted this card, and the person that won it, had their sniper program set up.

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(09-30-2011, 03:09 PM)shezdoni Wrote: I don't think it was shilled, the numbers just aren't there bid wise, in my opinion, someone else really wanted this card, and the person that won it, had their sniper program set up.
lol ya i got me a snipe tool after constantly getting outbid in the last 3-6 seconds in other auctionsSmile I just didnt notice the action between the 100% history guy and 1 other guy till after i won. Could of just been a bid war between the two but anytime i see a newer account with a 75%+ bid history with a seller, it makes me paranoid as heck. I probably should of checked the history first, but i really wanted the card and was willing to go 30 if i had to, so all in all im happy, was just peed off at the time.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(09-30-2011, 03:14 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: lol ya i got me a snipe tool after constantly getting outbid in the last 3-6 seconds in other auctionsSmile I just didnt notice the action between the 100% history guy and 1 other guy till after i won. Could of just been a bid war between the two but anytime i see a newer account with a 75%+ bid history with a seller, it makes me paranoid as heck. I probably should of checked the history first, but i really wanted the card and was willing to go 30 if i had to, so all in all im happy, was just peed off at the time.
You have to remember when trying to determine if something is shilled or not, that the top 2 numbers, number of bids in the last 30 days, and auctions bid on in the last 30 days, are a total of all their bids and the auctions they bid on in the past 30 days, not just the ones with that seller.

the bucket

WANTED:

yeah there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. I've reported dozens of auctions and nothing has ever happened. The problem isn't the shillers, it's eBay. If eBay were more strict on shill bidding this would not happen. EBay makes WAY too much money to stop it.
[Image: scan0058-2-1.jpg][/URL]
[Image: scan0049-1_zpsa96ce2c3.jpg][/URL]

(09-30-2011, 04:32 PM)lpearce7 Wrote: yeah there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. I've reported dozens of auctions and nothing has ever happened. The problem isn't the shillers, it's eBay. If eBay were more strict on shill bidding this would not happen. EBay makes WAY too much money to stop it.
That is not the reason at all, shilling bids is a crime, and people do get arrested for it, however, too many people that report shill bidding, don't know how to really determine that the bid is actually shilled, you can't just go by that % number

the bucket

WANTED:

these are the stats of the bidder i questioned the most:

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 4
Items bid on: 3
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%
Bid retractions: 0
Bid retractions (6 months): 0

3 different items a total of 4 manual bids(it doesnt show auto)and all with the same seller i am assuming because it shows 100% with this seller. I could be reading it wrong though. Whats the best way to read this to determine if this was a shilled and jacked up price?

(09-30-2011, 04:43 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: these are the stats of the bidder i questioned the most:

30-Day Summary
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%

3 different items a total of 4 manual bids(it doesnt show auto)and all with the same seller i am assuming because it shows 100% with this seller. I could be reading it wrong though. Whats the best way to read this to determine if this was a shilled and jacked up price?
Ok, but you forgot the important part Smile

Bidder Information
Bidder: e***u ( 8 )
Item description: Item Title: 2008 Leaf Certified Felix Jones Auto #'d 1/50 Fabric
Bids on this item: 2

30-Day Summary
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100% Help

He has made 4 bids in the last 30 days, he has bid on 3 different auction's 2 of the bids were on this item, and I am going to assume that he has made 1 bid on 2 other items that the seller had for sale.

Now if he were actually shilling, the bid totals and the number of items that this seller had for sale that he were bidding on, would be higher than just making 4 bid's.

That bidder also made a bid on this card with that seller

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0657775732

And he won this card from that seller

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0657775682

looks to me like he is just a felix Jones collectors, as he hasn't bid on anything else the seller has for sale

the bucket

WANTED:

lol crazy ok, so im am just reading it wrong. Those bids may not be all on the same seller then. Those other 2 cards were selling about the same times or at least same day if i remember correctly because i was prospecting those as well. So likely just a newer guy then who also like felix jones. My bad then, you may have found an error in the way i was reading the stats then. How in the heck do you find and know so much stuff on ebay and history?

Welcome to Ebay. Yet another reason why going by SV is completely out of wack. Sorry to hear you were screwed around.

-RJ
THE ALESSIO SAKARA SUPERCOLLECTOR

I might be missing something here but it looks like there is a bidder who bid the card up to 23.03 with 429 feedback. They are different then the two ids in question. Doesn't that mean the card still would have cost 23.53? So the shillers were only worth 2.47.