`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade that didn't happen

Trade that didn't happen
I've been off the boards for a little while (schooling). I thought I'd post about a item that someone was suppose to send me, but never sent in a trade that's now selling on the bay
This is one of the reasons why I tend to be hesitant when trading. I'm one of the lucky ones, because I didn't loose anything. It's kinda sad to see it listed because it was something that I really wanted. The guy that was trading it was in Canada. I guess someone in Taiwan has it now, lol. Oh well.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

RE: Trade that didn't happen
Not completely the same but somewhat similarly, a few months back I won an auction for a Classics Rodman/Pippen prime patch card numbered to 25, for an absolute steal. I never received it and when I asked for it I got an immediate refund. That's great of course, but it was somewhat fishy. I imagine the seller was pissed off getting a low value on the card and just didn't send it. I'm waiting for it to appear on the Bay again..

same happened to me on a rose auto.. won it for 30 dollars and the guy never shipped it to me.. got my money back but lost such a steal
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

(09-30-2011, 06:42 AM)antriarc Wrote: same happened to me on a rose auto.. won it for 30 dollars and the guy never shipped it to me.. got my money back but lost such a steal
Wow, I just showed my age. I read "rose auto" and went to Jalen Rose. Yikes haha.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

lol it happens, both were/are good players... but im pretty sure derrick rose is going to shine a bit brighter. Might not be as controversial though!
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

I sold a Bryant Finest RC BGS 9 for about $20 not too long ago. I then had a guy email me after the auction ended wanting a shot at it.

I turned him down and shipped to the winner of the auction. He was offering $15 more than the final price. It was hard to turn down, but karma always gets me back when I do something dishonest with my cards.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(09-30-2011, 02:30 AM)folkertino Wrote: Not completely the same but somewhat similarly, a few months back I won an auction for a Classics Rodman/Pippen prime patch card numbered to 25, for an absolute steal. I never received it and when I asked for it I got an immediate refund. That's great of course, but it was somewhat fishy. I imagine the seller was pissed off getting a low value on the card and just didn't send it. I'm waiting for it to appear on the Bay again..
That happen to me with a LeBron auto. I won it for a VERY good price. The seller refused to send it to me after I paid. Come to find out he did the same thing to a few other buyers and Ebay kicked him off.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

Shaqeatsthat just pulled the same move on me- just FYI for everyone else Angry Angry Angry
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....

(10-03-2011, 12:30 PM)got watcha want Wrote: Shaqeatsthat just pulled the same move on me- just FYI for everyone else Angry Angry Angry
On Ebay or here on Beckett?
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

(10-03-2011, 01:24 PM)gjpoll1 Wrote: On Ebay or here on Beckett?
Here on Beckett.

He made the offer and then backed out after ACCEPTING my counter offer to his original offer. Then a couple of days later he sent a message saying that he got another offer on the card he was suppose to send me in our trade. He stated that it was an offer he couldn't refuse.

He had traded the card to me already, how did you get another offer unless you were shopping the card that you had already traded to me?

Watch out for this guy, IMO he is a shady trader that others have contacted me about similiar issues with him since I made this post.

The offer was almost too good and he pressured me to send quickly and when I didn't, that is when he backed out. I never saw the card and I wouldn't be suprised if he never actually had it.

Did you guys see the threads he posted asking how to shill bid before the mods deleted them???

That alone made me want to recieve my end before I shipped to him. I hope someone reads this and feels the same.

Shaqeats that- it is called integrity and honesty and I hope that you find both at some point in your life.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....