`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rays are in Boston is out

RE: Rays are in Boston is out
(09-28-2011, 11:23 PM)john1580 Wrote: LLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
He is Tampa's MVP
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

What an unforgettable night. I gave up after Tex hit the slam, and came back in the bottom of the tenth. I had the Rays on tv and the birds-sox radio stream in my ear.

I have to like our chances to advance, Texas doesn't have a hired gun to fall back on this year.

We may face Verlander twice but they will also have to face C.C. twice so I like our chances to take at least 1 of those and 2 more against their lesser pitchers like Penny. It may go 5 but Yankees should pull it out.

(09-28-2011, 11:51 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: We may face Verlander twice but they will also have to face C.C. twice so I like our chances to take at least 1 of those and 2 more against their lesser pitchers like Penny. It may go 5 but Yankees should pull it out.
Penny isn't going to pitch. It will go Verlander/Fister/Max/and then Porcello. Everyone who knows baseball knows penny won't pitch. Tigers have a lot better staff then the Yankees. Fister is playing better then Verlander.
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

(09-28-2011, 11:07 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: The biggest meltdown ever. Wow and they picked up all that tallent and still could not make it.
I can't understand why NY even has Scot Proctor on their roster. I guess Rivera couldn't pitch the 9th to try & close it out? Giving up the tying run to a .119 hitter in the 9th was bad enough but i thought Boston would hold the lead in their game. Plus Atlanta blew it in the 9th & went on to loose. Crazy night in baseball, haven't ever seen a final day of the season like tonight.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

(09-29-2011, 12:02 AM)krn001 Wrote: I can't understand why NY even has Scot Proctor on their roster. I guess Rivera couldn't pitch the 9th to try & close it out? Giving up the tying run to a .119 hitter in the 9th was bad enough but i thought Boston would hold the lead in their game. Plus Atlanta blew it in the 9th & went on to loose. Crazy night in baseball, haven't ever seen a final day of the season like tonight.
Well Yankees had nothing to play for. So they were going to rest River. No need to play him in a game that means nothing for the Yankees.
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun

Either way Yankees fans already have 27 Championships and sure we'll be disappointed if we don't get 28 this year but we'll take comfort in knowing neither will Boston and that number 28 will come sooner rather than later and for sure before Boston gets number 3. LOL

(09-29-2011, 12:07 AM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Either way Yankees fans already have 27 Championships and sure we'll be disappointed if we don't get 28 this year but we'll take comfort in knowing neither will Boston and that number 28 will come sooner rather than later and for sure before Boston gets number 3. LOL
Who cares about the 27 championships? That has nothing to do with this year. I hate when teams with many championships brings that up. Congrats that they have won 16 before 1950, probably before a lot of you guys were alive.
Always gone Thur-Sun

(09-29-2011, 12:07 AM)nuccionino Wrote: Well Yankees had nothing to play for. So they were going to rest River. No need to play him in a game that means nothing for the Yankees.
Exactly and once they were up big early they had every right to pull their starters. The Yankees earned that right by being the best team in their division and owed nobody anything especially no Boston.

Did the Yankees throw the game on purpose by putting their worst players on the field ? Maybe maybe not we'll never know but the one thing we do know is if Boston had gotten the job done the Yankees would never have been in the position to throw or not throw the game. So they can blame us all they want and say that it was unprofessional but they have nobody to blame but them selves and Crapelbon.
(09-29-2011, 12:10 AM)nuccionino Wrote: Who cares about the 27 championships? That has nothing to do with this year. I hate when teams with many championships brings that up. Congrats that they have won 16 before 1950, probably before a lot of you guys were alive.
Just saying even if we come up short we still can celebrate the fact that the Red Sox never had a chance because we helped keep them out. [Image: biggrin.gif]

(09-29-2011, 12:11 AM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Exactly and once they were up big early they had every right to pull their starters. The Yankees earned that right by being the best team in their division and owed nobody anything especially no Boston.

Did the Yankees throw the game on purpose by putting their worst players on the field ? Maybe maybe not we'll never know but the one thing we do know is if Boston had gotten the job done the Yankees would never have been in the position to throw or not throw the game. So they can blame us all they want and say that it was unprofessional but they have nobody to blame but them selves and Crapelbon.
I doubt they did, Yankees played smart. No need to risk getting someone hurt. Especially Big Mo. Tampa did their job, Boston didn't. Simple as that.
Always gone Thur-Sun