Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
really topps... really?!

RE: really topps... really?!
Topps does it again!!

[Image: %24(KGrHqQOKjoE5bbzvwprBOh-Kgpw7g~~60_12.JPG]

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/2011-Triple-Threa...~60_12.JPG

(09-28-2011, 10:04 PM)keyser soze Wrote: I don't understand why people feel the need to be a Topps apologist. No one said it has to be all Pujols, ARod and HOFer, just not common crap. It isn't too much to expect for high end products to consist of Lincecum, lee, kemp, Longo, pence, Howard, fielder, ellsbury, cano, Hamilton, Kershaw, Halladay, ethier, Braun, Hanson, heyward, strasburg, Stanton, Teixeira, votto, Bruce, sabathia, et al.

It isn't too much to ask
obviously you still buy their stuff, right? CEO isn't being an apologist, he's being logical. They are still gonna make a ton of money by putting Jason Kubel in their product, so why change that?
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(10-08-2011, 08:19 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: obviously you still buy their stuff, right? CEO isn't being an apologist, he's being logical. They are still gonna make a ton of money by putting Jason Kubel in their product, so why change that?
NO ONE (but you) has mentioned Jason Kubel!!! What the h*** are you talking about? Do you READ anything before spouting off at the mouth???
The post before yours is stating that TOPPS eff'd up YET AGAIN by making a booklet that has the WRONG TEAM listed on the card.

B5K---PLZ pay attention to other posts before making your somewhat random posts. You seem to reply to a post w/out reading the posts that follow. You are quoting a post from the 1st day of the thread, BUT it was from a week and a half ago!

OBVIOUSLY, WE DON'T ALL BUY TOPPS' CRAP!!! That was my point before. Apparently you just read a few posts per thread. PLZ pay attention before you post anything.

Actually B5Ks' post has a lot to do with this thread. Just because the op's original thread and discussion was posted a little while back, that means he cant join in? He's basically saying how Topps does'nt care. People will still buy there crap even with a player like Jason Kubel in it, Kubel being used as his example of a decent player, but not a star. Also, your not allowed to respond to a post on page 3 because someone else posted something else on page 4? alexs64 post was an add on to the op's topic, showing yet another Topps screwup. B5K was also obviously responding to the post that he copied into his post, nothing to do with alexs64 post. Why dont you calm down there spaz and relax before it sounds like your spouting off to something YOU did'nt understand. Man do I hate some of the crap that gets written on this board sometimes. Thats 1 of the major reasons I dont join in alot. Did'nt realize there was a post policeman on the boards. It was'nt like he was cursing his mouth off, or talking nonsense. To the OP topic, I understand there are a lot of factors that go into making a set. If it's high end though, some of the players dont belong in it. High end should not have a ton a OK players, or rookies that are'nt huge propspects, ala Harper, Machado, ect. There are other sets out there like Opening Day, A&G, Lineage, regular Topps, that could have Byrd, Cashner and players of that caliber. Or like it was said, if those players have to be in a high end set, they could distribute them evenly throughout it. Not 25 Byrd autos, to every Cano auto.