`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thats exactly why i dnt want the mets to resign reyes

RE: Thats exactly why i dnt want the mets to resign reyes
i wasnt disrespected in the least, we are having an intelligent discussion about our team , nothing wrong with that at all dude...i agree with everythign that you said. But i dnt want reyes to be a reason i go to the park or watch on tv because hes the only attraction on a crap team...let him walk, get some pitching, get two first round picks from whoever signs him and lets draft good for two years and we'll have it made....and lets pray santana comes back strong and starts the season 9 and 0 cuz we could ship him to the sox or yanks in a hearbeat at the deadline next year

(09-28-2011, 07:24 PM)john1580 Wrote: i wasnt disrespected in the least, we are having an intelligent discussion about our team , nothing wrong with that at all dude...i agree with everythign that you said. But i dnt want reyes to be a reason i go to the park or watch on tv because hes the only attraction on a crap team...let him walk, get some pitching, get two first round picks from whoever signs him and lets draft good for two years and we'll have it made....and lets pray santana comes back strong and starts the season 9 and 0 cuz we could ship him to the sox or yanks in a hearbeat at the deadline next year

I just truly feel like no team in baseball has wasted nearly the amount of money the Mets have on underperforming stars. Beltran only played well for half of his contract, Delgado was only great one year, the Luis contract was a disgrace, same with the Perez deal, John Maine/Pelfrey/Francoeur just a few names in the long line of promising players that were never promising, the Bay deal...The Bay deal is one example I always point to when it comes to Reyes contract...Reyes was one of the very best, probably top 5-10 players this year despite the two DL stints and Bay was probably one of the worst regulars in baseball...Yet people say Reyes isn't worth 15 million..I'm just not sure where the logic is...There has to be some other reason that people feel that way..and other than injury it can only be race. Reyes is a better player than Crawford who fell off hugely this year. Icon status or not, he's obviously 3 times better than Jeter at this point, yet people say he's not worth 15 when Jeter got 17...makes no sense.

And obviously the Santana deal hasn't panned out either...The Mo Vaughn deal was awful. The Bonilla deferred payments boggle my mind. The Krod deal was one of the more over inflated deals in baseball history. It's almost worse if your team spends the money badly than if they don't spend it at all.
Player collecting Dominic Smith
[Image: a2b9799d-d00b-4864-9937-c5ed26367c17.jpg]

Port St. Lucie is loaded with talent, some went up to AA not to long ago. This Matt Harvey is pretty good, a little wild at times but they'll work on that in AA. Port St. Lucie Mets come into Daytona and play the Dayotna cubs so I see some of the young Mets every year.

race has nothing to do with it on my end bro i can tell you that.....Jeter got 17 cuz the yankees had no choice the fans woulda burned the stadium down ....No other team would've approached that number with jeter, but the yankees can waste money so they do . Crawford never should've gotten that money either , i wanted the mets to get him untill i heard the numbers then i was glad they ddnt....i totally agree that they wasted so much on so many players, i feel if they sign reyes he will fall into that category 2 yrs from now where his contract is an albetross around the teams neck...and bay shocked me dude...i was happy when they signed him , i figured since he got traded to boston and replaced manny and played well in a diehard baseball town he'd be perfect here. I was so happy when they signed him instead of holliday...I COULDN"T HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG !!!......as far as race goes, i can care less as long as they get the job done . I stated above that id trade wright away as well, and hes white and i collect him so i go by whats best for my team regardless.

(09-28-2011, 07:37 PM)john1580 Wrote: race has nothing to do with it on my end bro i can tell you that.....Jeter got 17 cuz the yankees had no choice the fans woulda burned the stadium down ....No other team would've approached that number with jeter, but the yankees can waste money so they do . Crawford never should've gotten that money either , i wanted the mets to get him untill i heard the numbers then i was glad they ddnt....i totally agree that they wasted so much on so many players, i feel if they sign reyes he will fall into that category 2 yrs from now where his contract is an albetross around the teams neck...and bay shocked me dude...i was happy when they signed him , i figured since he got traded to boston and replaced manny and played well in a diehard baseball town he'd be perfect here. I was so happy when they signed him instead of holliday...I COULDN"T HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG !!!......as far as race goes, i can care less as long as they get the job done . I stated above that id trade wright away as well, and hes white and i collect him so i go by whats best for my team regardless.
I'm as white as they come and nothing irritates me more than when the race card is pulled for no reason. I'm not in any way implying that your opinion has anything to do with race..But I can tell you I have seen people say some pretty inappropriate things about latino players and they definitely get a bad rap faster than white players. Remember 4 years or so ago when Reyes literally didn't run out 3 ground balls over a two year period. For the other 400 ground balls or so he hit he ran as hard as he could...People everywhere blasted him as lazy when white guys, power hitters especially in the same games weren't running all out and nobody noticed. I too am blind, especially where sports is concerned...But there does seem to be a little bit of a double standard at times. That is probably the first and last time I will ever talk about race on this board as it's not a topic I like to talk about in public forum. But many of the latino players do seem to get a bad rap quickly for normal behavior.

i noticed that race was a big topic when minaya first signed on as gm and signed alot of latin players...which was true, but the thing that made no sense was that the latin players he signed WERE THE BEST ONES ON THE MARKET LOL so it didnt make much sense at all at the time. Delgado actually stirred that up when he signed with the marlins the year before the mets traded for him, he said that minaya tried too hard to play the latin card with him and the media ran with it.......The bonilla deferred payments are just another example of how pathetic management was for many years...that dude gets a million a year for 30 yrs i think right ? unreal...i think minaya had the right idea when he started, but gave bad contracts to guys that he was bidding against himself for just to say he did something in his later years, like perez and castillo. But towards the end of his run with the team i thought his hands were tied by ownership...thats why he was a stuttering fool when he was interviewed . he was always very savvy with the media but cdnt make any sense toward the end cuz he was hamstrung by the idiot wilpons.....He wanted to pull the trigger for manny the year the dodgers got him midseason and made that big push, and as much as manny is a fraud now he would've helped the mets immensly that year cuz they were still in the race at that point.

I think the management in place now knows how to draft, and knows how to build a team without overpaying players that will become burdens. If they get reyes for a good deal that dsnt cripple their spending for 6 yrs im all for it, id love to have him leading off...just not for 18 mil per season for 7 seasons. hes def dynamic and the best leadoff guy when he's on , but hes not someone i would take a chance on for the amount of money and years hes gonna want, and prob will get from someone

dude i have to completely disagree with u. for u to say u want reyes gone is a disgrace to the fan base. hes done more for this team then anyone in the past 10 years. hes the heart and soul of the team and a top 10 player in the league when happy. Im honestly offended as a fan that u would want him gone when hima nd wright together have done so much together
wow u guys are all jerks! none of ur teams can produce a better shortstop other then the rockies, and jeter in his prime! ur all awful quick to jump on someone who was only all-world mvp for the first 3 months. mets fans are almost as bad as yankees fans sometimes and ppl in general are just ridiculous. sports fans can have the intelligence of a rock sometimes
Looking for jose reyes in a Mets uniform
REYES CARD COUNT-366

"the other sports are just sports, baseball is a love"

[Image: 6I7b5.png]

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

(09-28-2011, 08:02 PM)john1580 Wrote: i noticed that race was a big topic when minaya first signed on as gm and signed alot of latin players...which was true, but the thing that made no sense was that the latin players he signed WERE THE BEST ONES ON THE MARKET LOL so it didnt make much sense at all at the time. Delgado actually stirred that up when he signed with the marlins the year before the mets traded for him, he said that minaya tried too hard to play the latin card with him and the media ran with it.......The bonilla deferred payments are just another example of how pathetic management was for many years...that dude gets a million a year for 30 yrs i think right ? unreal...i think minaya had the right idea when he started, but gave bad contracts to guys that he was bidding against himself for just to say he did something in his later years, like perez and castillo. But towards the end of his run with the team i thought his hands were tied by ownership...thats why he was a stuttering fool when he was interviewed . he was always very savvy with the media but cdnt make any sense toward the end cuz he was hamstrung by the idiot wilpons.....He wanted to pull the trigger for manny the year the dodgers got him midseason and made that big push, and as much as manny is a fraud now he would've helped the mets immensly that year cuz they were still in the race at that point.

I think the management in place now knows how to draft, and knows how to build a team without overpaying players that will become burdens. If they get reyes for a good deal that dsnt cripple their spending for 6 yrs im all for it, id love to have him leading off...just not for 18 mil per season for 7 seasons. hes def dynamic and the best leadoff guy when he's on , but hes not someone i would take a chance on for the amount of money and years hes gonna want, and prob will get from someone
I personally think that the Wilpons are a bigger joke than McCourt. Anybody can go broke, especially during a divorce. The whole situation might be a black eye for baseball/the Dodgers but it could happen to any owner. It takes some seriously bad decisions to be wrapped up in the Madoff scandal, even if Madoff himself insists they didn't know. When that whole mess began affecting the how the team was run they should have sold for the fan base and for the good of the team morale. They are jokes.

(09-28-2011, 08:25 PM)gherkin1496 Wrote: dude i have to completely disagree with u. for u to say u want reyes gone is a disgrace to the fan base. hes done more for this team then anyone in the past 10 years. hes the heart and soul of the team and a top 10 player in the league when happy. Im honestly offended as a fan that u would want him gone when hima nd wright together have done so much together
i was waiting for you to see this an tear me apart, lol...Its not that i want him gone. I stated above id love to have him leading off for years to come, but not at the price hes gonna command on the market...with the mets limited resources now i dnt think its a wise investment . And as far as what him and wright have done together...what would that be ? One playoff appearance, two choke jobs at the end of the season and then injury plagued seasons ?
Even with that said i want both of them to stay, but not for superstar money. I think there will be a couple of teams that throw crawford and werth contracts at reyes and hes not worth it, just like those two weren't worth it ....and hes 100 times better than both of them lol , thats why the mets are in a tight spot....the market dictates that reyes should get more than both of them , but imo in the long run its not beneficial to the mets goin forward
and you have to admit that ducking out of the game today was lame

ppl are projected he will only get like 5 yrs 90 mil which isnt ridiculous. I just hate disloyalty. Im loyal to the players and the team to the end. I never wanna say goodbye to ppl (unless its pelf). It's just like the fans who sit around and say "oh we suck, this team is pathetic." Well why dont you go out and play. Theyre going out there and playign hard for your entertainment. Enjoy baseball for baseball. That being said, I have never been a bigger fan of any player then Reyes. If he is signed by another team, you can find me watching the tv/on the computer with tears streaming down my face
Looking for jose reyes in a Mets uniform
REYES CARD COUNT-366

"the other sports are just sports, baseball is a love"

[Image: 6I7b5.png]

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"