Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thats exactly why i dnt want the mets to resign reyes

RE: Thats exactly why i dnt want the mets to resign reyes
I doubt he knows how to read either.

(09-28-2011, 05:07 PM)john1580 Wrote: reyes wdnt even read it ....he probably dsnt even know who ted williams is
[Image: Icons-sig-2-1.gif]

And I can't believe the idiots here who are still bashing him...What the heck does a guy have to do to earn some respect? Hit .400? Score 200 runs? Have 40 triples? He never asks for a day off (says everyone in the organization)...He was called the best player in baseball by numerous players and managers this year including Arod. He plays hard all the time. It's crazy to criticize someone for getting hurt playing hard. It would be one thing if we were talking Ken Griffey Jr who went to Cincinnati and ended up missing A LOT of time for 6/7 season...or Beltran who had surgery against the Mets wishes just before Spring Training...Or Johan who was making 20 million and had surgery THREE times on his pitching arm and missed a year and a half...Or Bay who was hideous and then got a concussion and missed about 500 games jk...Or Mauer who just didn't play because of fatigue..Your talking about a guy who really does play hard all of the time. And don't forget the biggest stat of all, as of last season the Mets still had an all time record over .700 in games where Reyes scored..by far one of the most amazing stats in baseball history.
Player collecting Dominic Smith
[Image: a2b9799d-d00b-4864-9937-c5ed26367c17.jpg]

(09-28-2011, 06:45 PM)cmccart8 Wrote: It was actually Collins' idea...not Reyes....and he's not always injured..He played in 95% of the teams games over a 4 year stretch, had one injury plagued season and then missed 29 games last year with the oblique. This year he had one injury that reoccurred...He gets hamstring injuries etc..because he plays 110% all the time unlike most stars..and everybody in the Mets organization including the other players have said repeatedly this year that he was the voice in the clubhouse and the example for the young guys. Wright has been hurt just as much as Reyes and has been much less consistent. Reyes wins ball games for his team. Givin that the Mets have been out of it for months, there haven't been any clutch opportunities this September..or last either, which begs the question, what clutch opportunities are you talking about? It might surprise you to know that halfway through the season this year Reyes was leading ALL of baseball with the highest BA in late inning pressure situations, a stat kept by Elias..with a .500 average (16/32)...As a die hard Mets fan I can tell you that you are completely in the minority if you really want him to walk. They pulled him so he would get the ovation, it was Collins protecting his average.

http://www.nj.com/mets/index.ssf/2011/09...t_kee.html
mets postgame, first question to collins was who's idea was it, and he replied that he spoke to reyes before the game and reyes said if i get a hit my fist ab take me out...i watched it right after the game. And i ddnt mean that hes bad under pressure this year, there is no "pressure situations " when your team is 15 games out of first place in june. I meant over the years in REAL pressure situations like in 07 and 08 he might as well have been wearing a skirt at the plate. And lastly, Collins stated two days ago that he wanted to pull him for the ovation , i get that completely...BUT DO IT IN THE 8TH INNING !!!!! Which is what collins prob wanted to do , but as he stated at the post game press conferance , reyes told him if he got a hit in his first ab to take him out, forget all the people in the stands who came to see reyes last game and give him a send off , and forget his nuts in the dugout , lets put our tail between our legs and pray that braun dsnt have a monster day ....loser

(09-28-2011, 06:49 PM)akbobcat Wrote: I doubt he knows how to read either.
Why, because he speaks broken English? Comments are starting to lean towards inappropriate now.

(09-28-2011, 06:55 PM)cmccart8 Wrote: And I can't believe the idiots here who are still bashing him...What the heck does a guy have to do to earn some respect? Hit .400? Score 200 runs? Have 40 triples? He never asks for a day off (says everyone in the organization)...He was called the best player in baseball by numerous players and managers this year including Arod. He plays hard all the time. It's crazy to criticize someone for getting hurt playing hard. It would be one thing if we were talking Ken Griffey Jr who went to Cincinnati and ended up missing A LOT of time for 6/7 season...or Beltran who had surgery against the Mets wishes just before Spring Training...Or Johan who was making 20 million and had surgery THREE times on his pitching arm and missed a year and a half...Or Bay who was hideous and then got a concussion and missed about 500 games jk...Or Mauer who just didn't play because of fatigue..Your talking about a guy who really does play hard all of the time. And don't forget the biggest stat of all, as of last season the Mets still had an all time record over .700 in games where Reyes scored..by far one of the most amazing stats in baseball history.

your stat about them having a 700 record when he scores is my point dude.....hes been here for 6 yrs and they made the playoffs once...so in the games he scores that they win 7 out of 10 times, he scores 4 runs..but the rest of the time he does nothing , and the teams record is WELL below 500 in his career..i dnt care about when he scores a run , I want a winning team, and hes only a winning player 1/4 of the time...ive watched every game almost since i was 10 and just about every game hes played in so i know what kind of player he is...and i stated above they should trade santana if he gets off to a good start next year, and they should just shoot bay cuz he sucks and noone wants him

(09-28-2011, 06:56 PM)john1580 Wrote: mets postgame, first question to collins was who's idea was it, and he replied that he spoke to reyes before the game and reyes said if i get a hit my fist ab take me out...i watched it right after the game. And i ddnt mean that hes bad under pressure this year, there is no "pressure situations " when your team is 15 games out of first place in june. I meant over the years in REAL pressure situations like in 07 and 08 he might as well have been wearing a skirt at the plate. And lastly, Collins stated two days ago that he wanted to pull him for the ovation , i get that completely...BUT DO IT IN THE 8TH INNING !!!!! Which is what collins prob wanted to do , but as he stated at the post game press conferance , reyes told him if he got a hit in his first ab to take him out, forget all the people in the stands who came to see reyes last game and give him a send off , and forget his nuts in the dugout , lets put our tail between our legs and pray that braun dsnt have a monster day ....loser
So let's say the Collins story is true (even though he is the one who has said for a week that he was going to manage Reyes so that he would win it)...Is it worse to leave a game early in a game that doesn't matter to win the only batting title in your franchise's history when many star players aren't even playing in the last game of the season...OR to purposely leave a player in any sport in a game so that the do set a record when their team is already way ahead (football or basketball for example)...Also, as Collins himself stated, it's even common for pitchers whose teammates are chasing homerun/rbi crowns etc..to pitch around the other guys who are chasing those same crowns when they face each other at the end of the season..either way it's manipulation. Reyes wants to win it and I don't blame him. Especially going into free agency. David Robinson scored 72 points on purpose, shooting every time he touched the ball on the last day of the season that he won the scoring title, just TO win the scoring title. Jordan scored a bunch of points during his last two games as a Wizard so that he wouldn't dip below the 30 ppg he had averaged over his career in his final days. There were a ton of days this year when Collins wanted Reyes to either take a day off or leave a game early and he didn't want to. As a leadoff hitter, Reyes has to hit more than Braun anyway...and he doesn't get pitched around the way Braun does as a power hitter. If Reyes hadn't gotten hurt we wouldn't even be having this conversation because that's when his average feel below .350. I understand your a Braun fan..and if the situation were reversed I MAY feel slightly the same way, but I wouldn't disrespect Braun about it because I know he's a great player regardless.

Im a bigger met fan than i am a braun fan trust me ...I just wanted him to win it the right way thats all, and i dnt think he did. Id much rather have my team win their first batting title , I just didnt want him to do it like he did....I do agree with some of your points though, reyes does get alot more plate oppurtunitys than braun and braun is pitched around alot, so those are all great points that i ddnt think of . But even so, im not downplaying reyes season cuz it was great, and he is a big part of the reason why i watched a crapload of meaningless games this season, but the fact remains he ducked out today in order to preserve a batting title when he shouldv'e gone out there and went 4 for 4 and made it impossible for braun to win..then id be happy as a met fan and for him....but regardless i dont think hes worth what the mets will have to pay to keep him in the longrun
and just so you know i was calling reyes a loser , not you...i reread that and it could've come off like i was calling you a loser which wsnt the case at all

(09-28-2011, 07:01 PM)john1580 Wrote: your stat about them having a 700 record when he scores is my point dude.....hes been here for 6 yrs and they made the playoffs once...so in the games he scores that they win 7 out of 10 times, he scores 4 runs..but the rest of the time he does nothing , and the teams record is WELL below 500 in his career..i dnt care about when he scores a run , I want a winning team, and hes only a winning player 1/4 of the time...ive watched every game almost since i was 10 and just about every game hes played in so i know what kind of player he is...and i stated above they should trade santana if he gets off to a good start next year, and they should just shoot bay cuz he sucks and noone wants him
I watch the games as well. I know that he has had two different seasons where his overall numbers had only been duplicated once each in a 70+ year period. One time the other player was Juan Samuel in the 80's and I don't remember who it was the other season. If you are really saying it's the leadoff guys fault that the team has a losing record over six season than your crazy or don't understand baseball. Perhaps since he gets HIMSELF into scoring position well over 100 times per season via xtra base hits and stealing bases, it's not his fault if he's not scoring WELL over 100 runs. If he was on the Yankees or Red Sox he would score 150 runs in a full season like this one. It's not like he's not scoring runs because he isn't running hard. Wright, Bay, Beltran, Delgado, Ike, Francouer, Luis Castillo, the Mirade of washed up catchers and dreadful starting pitching have all had an awful lot to do with them not winning. He finished 5th in the NL in runs despite missing 36 games and leaving after one AB 3 times. In a couple of other games he only pinch hit. He even finished 8th in OBP in the NL...what else does he have to do?

(09-28-2011, 03:10 PM)john1580 Wrote: exactly...its embarrassing to win it like that...If Braun goes 3 for 4 tonight he wins...im hoping for a nice 5 for 5 night....What a crappy way to win a batting title, hes gonna be the laughing stock of baseball. And i dnt even think he sees anything wrong with it , which is exactly why i dnt want him on my team....let the nationals pay him more than jason werth and still suck next year. Id give him 50 mil for 4 yrs, and thats it.
did i touch a nerve?
Looking for Mike Trout, Aaron Judge and Derek Jeter...

(09-28-2011, 07:12 PM)john1580 Wrote: Im a bigger met fan than i am a braun fan trust me ...I just wanted him to win it the right way thats all, and i dnt think he did. Id much rather have my team win their first batting title , I just didnt want him to do it like he did....I do agree with some of your points though, reyes does get alot more plate oppurtunitys than braun and braun is pitched around alot, so those are all great points that i ddnt think of . But even so, im not downplaying reyes season cuz it was great, and he is a big part of the reason why i watched a crapload of meaningless games this season, but the fact remains he ducked out today in order to preserve a batting title when he shouldv'e gone out there and went 4 for 4 and made it impossible for braun to win..then id be happy as a met fan and for him....but regardless i dont think hes worth what the mets will have to pay to keep him in the longrun
and just so you know i was calling reyes a loser , not you...i reread that and it could've come off like i was calling you a loser which wsnt the case at all
I personally also wished he had stayed in. I just don't think it's likely he will resign and I think he's been looking forward to this day all season. Tough to see him go out at all, tougher to see him leave in the first. And your point about meaningless games is 100% correct, he is the only reason most people went to the park the second half of this season. I just can't imagine without some major free agent signings that we are going to have many meaningful games next year either...our pitching alone is a total mess, we don't even have a closer, our ace isn't an ace anymore and hasn't pitched in light years, half our team is injured, the other half young...most overpaid...most underperforming..our franchise has become a joke...I just can't imagine how much worse it will get without Reyes. No disrespect towards you, I just defend him a little more than I do most players because people tend to bash him so much..not sure why.