`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thats exactly why i dnt want the mets to resign reyes

RE: Thats exactly why i dnt want the mets to resign reyes
I remember the Twins did that a few years back because they didn't want Derek Jeter to have a chance to have the higest batting average so it dose happen and seeing Braun is 0-3 today Reyes has already won it.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

drew brees = a class act

last play of the game....
break the record for yards in a season?
or try to get my team into the playoffs?

i'll go for TEAM....

(09-28-2011, 08:36 PM)gherkin1496 Wrote: ppl are projected he will only get like 5 yrs 90 mil which isnt ridiculous. I just hate disloyalty. Im loyal to the players and the team to the end. I never wanna say goodbye to ppl (unless its pelf). It's just like the fans who sit around and say "oh we suck, this team is pathetic." Well why dont you go out and play. Theyre going out there and playign hard for your entertainment. Enjoy baseball for baseball. That being said, I have never been a bigger fan of any player then Reyes. If he is signed by another team, you can find me watching the tv/on the computer with tears streaming down my face
I am not disloyal in the least bit. you can have whatever opinion you want, but every shirt i wear is either mets or jets, im wearing a mets shirt right now actually. I got to 10 games a year give or take a few and spend a ton of money . AND i travel to 1 road stadium every year and stay in a hotel for the night with my wife. I live and die by this team, and i watched almost every inning this season even when i knew they had no shot....Im talking about reality . I wanna see my team win consistantly....in a perfect world, the wilpons wdnt be morons and would realize they are in ny and have such a huge loyal fan base and they would put a 150 - 175 million dollar payroll into the team . Cuz bottom line, the only way they are gonna start making money again is to sell tickets and jerseys, and even though they'll have a big payroll, they will more than make it up with a sold out stadium every night. And if that was the case, id love to pay reyes, cuz then they could still have some cash leftover for starting pitching and bullpen and a centerfielder who isnt on another planet. But the wilpons dnt operate that way, so if the question is would i rather be loyal to reyes cuz hes a good player, or take his money and get pitchers and role players that can eventually turn into a winner with some smart drafting , then im taking the latter...but dnt accuse me of not being loyal, i live and die with the mets , and it breaks my spirit to see them be the laughingstock they've become
nice debate fellas, i like being able to argue without arguing ....but you're both wrong Smile

Not really a laughingstock. I hear all this crap from phillies and yankees fans that we are a complete joke, but this year was our worst year and we were only 8 games under. what did we finish 9th in the nl? something like that. we are not a laughingstock
Looking for jose reyes in a Mets uniform
REYES CARD COUNT-366

"the other sports are just sports, baseball is a love"

[Image: 6I7b5.png]

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

I was never a personal fan of reyes at all. I don;t like his attitude and his play style. That being said with his latest stunt, they should have gotten rid of him to get more/better talent. They have no power, no depth and like glass joe from punch out, break to easily. I am just dissapoint..again.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

I can't understand why everyone gets their panties in a bunch when something like this happens. face it the Mets weren't playing for anything so Reyes individual accomplishment was all they could hope for. it may seem like a ***** move to the purists but Reyes didn't need to risk injury in the last game of the season of a contract year for a team not making the playoffs. Its a business and that was the right business move.

I don't think anybody told him the story about Ted Williams

(09-29-2011, 09:31 AM)gherkin1496 Wrote: Not really a laughingstock. I hear all this crap from phillies and yankees fans that we are a complete joke, but this year was our worst year and we were only 8 games under. what did we finish 9th in the nl? something like that. we are not a laughingstock
They really do suck. In another few years the shoe will probably be on the other foot and the Phillies will more than likely be stuck with bad contracts and looking up at the Mets in the standings, but right now the Mets suck. Not trying to be disrespectful at all about it. Just my opinion

(09-28-2011, 06:55 PM)cmccart8 Wrote: And I can't believe the idiots here who are still bashing him...What the heck does a guy have to do to earn some respect? Hit .400? Score 200 runs? Have 40 triples? He never asks for a day off (says everyone in the organization)...He was called the best player in baseball by numerous players and managers this year including Arod. He plays hard all the time. It's crazy to criticize someone for getting hurt playing hard. It would be one thing if we were talking Ken Griffey Jr who went to Cincinnati and ended up missing A LOT of time for 6/7 season...or Beltran who had surgery against the Mets wishes just before Spring Training...Or Johan who was making 20 million and had surgery THREE times on his pitching arm and missed a year and a half...Or Bay who was hideous and then got a concussion and missed about 500 games jk...Or Mauer who just didn't play because of fatigue..Your talking about a guy who really does play hard all of the time. And don't forget the biggest stat of all, as of last season the Mets still had an all time record over .700 in games where Reyes scored..by far one of the most amazing stats in baseball history.
It's mostly the Braun collectors and fans, and Mets haters who are bashing Reyes..Then you have some taking personal shots asking if he could even speak English, lol...Kind of pathetic

-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

(09-29-2011, 02:42 PM)TheEvilEmpire Wrote: It's mostly the Braun collectors and fans, and Mets haters who are bashing Reyes..Then you have some taking personal shots asking if he could even speak English, lol...Kind of pathetic
I am a mets fan...and id appreciate if people stop bringing up race...everytime someone dsnt like a player its not because they are a racist for gods sake . I bashed the whole the team including wright and bay, enough with race already