`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marquee Box Purchased

Marquee Box Purchased
After looking at a bunch of breaks, ebay auctions, and some of the comments about Topps Marquee, I semi-reluctantly just put in an order for a box. I know some people were/are not happy with the players they are pulling for a $170 box. But you can not argue with the design. IMO, it is the best design Topps has put out in awhile. The GU and Auto designs really pop at you. I really hope I get some nice cards out of mine, and if I do I'll probably get one or two more boxes. But, I did sit and look at my online cart for about 5 minutes wondering if I should hit "submit order".

Did I make a mistake?
Guillen: 536 cards~42 GU~9 Patches~6 Autos~17 1/1s
Cabrera: 137 cards~4 GU~3 Patches~2 Autos~0 1/1s
Edmonds: 221 cards~10 GU~2 Patches~3 Autos~0 1/1s
[Image: WilliamsQuad-1.jpg]

RE: Marquee Box Purchased
Probably should have just bought the cards you wanted.

(09-28-2011, 02:34 PM)wampier Wrote: Probably should have just bought the cards you wanted.

Probably true. I needed to bust some wax befoer I went crazy though. Almost got a couple bowman 2010 or 2011 boxes, but went none prospect instead.

Who knows it could work out.

I loved busting my two boxes of Marquee.... Why give a damn what others think? Bustin packs is about 100000000X more fun than just buying singles.

im not happy with the autos in the set, but the design of the product is great imo and i agree with jascards there is nothing like opening a few boxes of a high end product...or any product for that matter. You could always trade the ones you dnt need for pc anyway. When the pricing comes out i'll prob trade alot of mine for some pc stuff, and wind up buying all the marquee singles i wanted anyway lol

True true.

Hopefully someone has a Cabrera Titanic Thread patch FT. There are some sick ones on the bay right now.

And if you get lucky like I did you will pull the Museum Collection Auto card...They are AMAZING!

(09-28-2011, 04:40 PM)JASCards Wrote: And if you get lucky like I did you will pull the Museum Collection Auto card...They are AMAZING!
i bought a six box case and ddnt get one

I'm going to wait til my Triple Threads get here before I say for sure, but from what I'm seeing of Threads versus Marquee so far I think Threads blows it away!
But thats not saying Marquee is horrible, I like it. Just think for a few more dollars you could get a box of Triple Threads and get the same amount of hits.

Good luck and tell us what you get!

I picked up a box of Triple threads and like my hits.... but Triple Threads are so ugly though! The card design of Marquee is WAY better IMO.