`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BCCG Question

BCCG Question
Before I explain the situation, I know that BCCG is not even close to BGS or even PSA. For this reason, I have stayed away from buying any cards graded by BCCG. The other day I got a 93-94 Finest MJ card with a grade of BCCG 10. I only paid $6 for the card and figured I would take the risk. When I got the card it looked really good. The centering was slightly off, but I would say that it would get between 8-9 BGS.

Pleased with the BCCG 10 I got, I decided to buy another real low cost BCCG 10 MJ. The card I got was just pathetic. Every edge was chipped and two of the corners were severely dinged. Now I know a BCCG 10 does not equate to a BGS 10, but I figured with my first BCCG 10 card, it would be similar. I think I would be lucky to get a BGS 7 out of the card.

My questions are this:

How can one company have two cards graded the same but have such huge differences? I know that two 9's can have a difference, but when they are 10's they should be identical?

Also, does BCCG have no set standards? Just trying to get more informatoin.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: BCCG Question
I can't explain what's going on the mind of the grader(s) of those cards that we are discussing about. My guess is, the pathetic card might have been damaged inside the holder while it is being mailed back to the sender/owner.

Yes, the BCCG does not have the grading standards that can be compared to BGS/BVG. They just grade the cards, maybe, by just simply looking at it with bare eyes(with a blurry vision) and boom... it is a BCCG Mint 10!
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

i think cards can move around easily in the bccg slab, probably been in there a while and thats why the edges are rough. and im sorry i cant answer your questions, i did a quick yahoo search and couldnt find info on how bccg grades the cards. beckett claims the same people that do bgs does bccg. and i believe the grading scale is different.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(09-27-2011, 01:25 AM)pingbling23 Wrote: i think cards can move around easily in the bccg slab, probably been in there a while and thats why the edges are rough. and im sorry i cant answer your questions, i did a quick yahoo search and couldnt find info on how bccg grades the cards. beckett claims the same people that do bgs does bccg. and i believe the grading scale is different.
I don't think BCCG service intends to give a definite grade of a card. The BCCG Labels give you a grading range. EX. 10= Mint or better, 9= Near Mint or better.

(09-27-2011, 11:45 AM)hlc1949 Wrote: I don't think BCCG service intends to give a definite grade of a card. The BCCG Labels give you a grading range. EX. 10= Mint or better, 9= Near Mint or better.
Oh that is good to know. So getting a BCCG 10 doesnt mean they are saying its perfect, just falls within a specific range.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(09-27-2011, 07:30 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Oh that is good to know. So getting a BCCG 10 doesnt mean they are saying its perfect, just falls within a specific range.
Correct.....It's right on the BCCG slab.