`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Selling playoff tickets; need advice

OT: Selling playoff tickets; need advice
I am selling part of my playoff tickets for the Rangers until I make my money back. Has anyone ever sold playoff tickets before? What is the best avenue? Craigslist, ebay, or stubhub?
Currently Collecting:
Baseball HOFers: Autos, Vintage and Rookies
Dallas Cowboys: Autos and Vintage

RE: OT: Selling playoff tickets; need advice
If you ordered the tickets as part of a Rangers season ticket plan; I'd use stub hub to ensure that you are selling the tickets in a way that the team approves of.

If the Rangers make the WS, I found out my tickets were already ordered and I can't wait for another three-game beatdown series at the ballpark. And I hope for a better result than 2010

Rich

I did get them as part of a season ticket plan. where do you sit? last year I went to both ALDS games, game 6 ALCS, and games 3&4 of world series. it was awesome.
Currently Collecting:
Baseball HOFers: Autos, Vintage and Rookies
Dallas Cowboys: Autos and Vintage

The tickets I had for the WS last year were in the Upper Deck; right by the left field fair pole. I have no idea until I pick up the tickets where I will sit for this year's series (Assuming the Rangers return)

I have a good friend who takes me to 2-3 games a year and those seats are six rows behind the visitor's dugout

Rixh

I have used StubHub and eBay to sell tickets. I tried Craigslist once but got too many garbage emails and found it easier to just pay the fees for less hassle. I can't remember which has less fees as they both change their fees every so often. Just check what the total fees are for selling the tickets and have at it. I do know that StubHub doesn't charge you any listing fees, so you might try listing them there first and if in a few days they don't sell then try eBay. Also, you should check as to what other people are selling similar tickets for on both sites to see where you might make a little more money.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I might be wrong since I don't sell on eBay. But aren't there regulations about selling a ticket for more than face value on eBay. I seem to remember trying to find Braves tickets when the Red Sox came to town. There were a lot of ticket auctions that also had a baseball card in them. Seller stated you were paying extra for the card, not the tickets. Figured that was the loophole they had found.