`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Value of Misprint?

Value of Misprint?
What I'm posting here is, all things considered, probably my rarest card... because it shouldn't really exist, and I'm not sure that another of it exists anywhere.

You can see a picture of it here: http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f195/a...sprint.jpg

To best describe it, it is a 1994 Action Packed card that is a very strange misprint. The cardpaper print is of Shannon Sharpe #27, but it is almost completely off-center, with what should be the sides of the card bisecting it down the middle of both the "front" and the "back".

In addition to the paper print being an error, the raised emboss "action packed" style is centered properly, but it is upside down to the print on the "front", and it's not even of Shannon Sharpe -- it's Jerome Bettis!

I have seen strange misprint cards sell for quite a bit outside the sports card realm... has anyone ever seen something like this, and what kind of value may it have, if any?

-Jace

RE: Value of Misprint?
It is so hard to tell if misprints from the 90's have any value..as there were so many mis-prints....I have a little case with 6 or 7 I have found just going through my old boxes....some misprints have no value...and some are rare...and if you can find somebody that collects stuff like that sometimes you can get a good deal for it.

I would say that would hold some perty high value with either shannon sharpe or jerome bettis collectors. I gotta say the is the strangest error i have ever seen, how it ever got partial prints on both sides like that is extremely odd. Seems to me it should be just missing the different parts that print on the front or back, just all all round huge error that someone tried to fix or purposely done
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

Anyone else have an idea?

(09-26-2011, 03:01 AM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: I would say that would hold some perty high value with either shannon sharpe or jerome bettis collectors.
Ditto.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.