`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many stamps does it take to mail a standard bubble mailer??

RE: How many stamps does it take to mail a standard bubble mailer??
I will put insurance on any of my items valued over 50 dollars. A few extra bucks to protect yourself and the buyer can go along way to doing and continue to get good business.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

I just mailed a 4 oz package via paypal and it was 1.92 with dc
[Image: Razorback2.jpg]

Collecting Arkansas Razorbacks, Currently focused on Ryan Mallett and DJ Williams

Four 44 cent stamps (or 'Forever' stamps) should cover anything under 3 oz. Above that, the numbers change.
I always go to the PO to ship and I ALWAYS use DC!!! No matter what value the trade is worth. It has come in handy more than once. The tracking label/number lets you (and USPS) know where it was last scanned at. It isn't 'insurance' that the package won't get damaged, but it will basically assure you that the package will be delivered eventually. I don't use stamps at all, I'd rather my lil' backwoods PO scan it as soon as I hand it to them.
People keep talking about using Paypal shipping instead b/c it's cheaper, BUT many of the same people also say they will buy cards/boxes from their LCS (even though it is more expensive) to help them stay around! My Mom is a mail carrier and has been for a long time. I would rather support her and all the other mail carriers, than help out eBay/Paypal! I still don't know why they get a better rate, especially considering that the Postal Service has PO's, USPS.com, and Stamps.com! Plus, Pitney Bowes' stamping machines that go through USPS.
The USPS is talking about dropping Saturday service AND raising stamps 2 more cents. They should be talking about adding to the Paypal shipping fees instead. Paypal is basically giving people free DC AND cutting 4 cents off of the shipping cost. Just adding those 4 cents per package back to the cost would help the USPS a bunch. Paypal shipping is a big part of the reason that the USPS is losing so much money every year. It is costing jobs as well, b/c the USPS is having to shut down smaller PO's to help recoup some of the money they are losing.
Sorry for the rant, but it just really bugs me that people think they are helping the small shops by buying from them but they are screwing the USPS by using Paypal. USPS employs WAY more people than Paypal/eBay and your local LCS combined. When you all stop getting great maildays on Saturday, PLZ don't complain here!

If you use stamps: 1-3 oz = $1.71. Each additional ounce is 17c. DC (the green sticker) costs another 80c on top of whatever the postage is.

If you use paypal, 1-3 oz = $1.75 including DC. Each additional ounce is 17c.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.