`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
FINALLY wrapped on two nice sets, Some more PC pickups too!!

FINALLY wrapped on two nice sets, Some more PC pickups too!!
Finally finished two sets Ive been working on for quite a while. I will post the sets and something about them to jog your memory if you forgot about them. I will also share some of my favorite pickups of the last few weeks. These are completed sets and none are for trade, sorry.

2010 Topps Chrome National Chicle Refractors #d to 499
I really liked this set, with the exception of ONE of the particular artists, I thought it captured the feel of the original set very well. You will see what I am talking about later in this post. I love all the different backgrounds but they are not showcased as well on the chrome cards but I did the base set with SPs too.

[Image: Pujols2.jpg]
[Image: Pujols.jpg]
[Image: Jeter.jpg]
[Image: Ichiro2.jpg]
[Image: Ichiro.jpg]
[Image: ARod.jpg]
[Image: z4.jpg]
[Image: z3.jpg]
[Image: z2.jpg]
[Image: z1.jpg]

[Image: y2.jpg]
[Image: y1.jpg]
[Image: x5.jpg]
[Image: x3.jpg]
[Image: x2.jpg]
[Image: x1.jpg]

The next one is 2009 Allen and Ginter Mini Inventions of the Future. Every year Ginter has a few odd mini sets that are really cool. Snakes, Emporers, Sharks, Hauntings, Mythical Creatures, Awesome beards, lost fortunes and so on. With the exception of 2010, I am trying to collect them all. Here is another notch, now completed.
[Image: aeromobile.jpg]
[Image: 2009GinterInventionsProtectoBubble.jpg]
[Image: 2009GinterInventionsMentalMovies.jpg]
[Image: 2009GinterInventionsHeretoThereoMatic.jpg]
[Image: 2009GinterInventionsClockDefier.jpg]

Up next are a few vintage pickups for my PC. As you know I am a big fan of the Topps Chicle series, so I decided to tackle the 118 card 1934-1936 Diamond Stars set. The set that Chicle was paying homage to. I only have six and already lost out on three Bill Dickey cards on ebay. This set will be a long term project and quite challenging and expensive.
Here are what I have, thanks to those here who helped with a couple.

[Image: 78JoeKuhelWSH35B.jpg]
[Image: 67MarvinOwenDET34G.jpg]
[Image: 29RobertRedRolfeNYY35G.jpg]
[Image: 5TomBridgesDET34G.jpg]
[Image: 34-36DiamondStarsStonewallTravisJackson.jpg]
[Image: 58GlennMyattCLE35G.jpg]

And some more goodies, a decent mantle from 59 and even a 205 Gold border.

[Image: 57ElstonHoward.jpg]
[Image: 56BillSkowron.jpg]
[Image: 59Mantle.jpg]
[Image: 1911T205GoldBorder19BobBescher.jpg]

A couple odds and ends I either needed for sets or just couldnt refuse.
[Image: TheIrorningBoard.jpg]
[Image: MickeyMantle2011ToppsChromePurple499.jpg]
[Image: 2011GinterTreasuresOakIslandMoneyPit.jpg]
[Image: 2011GinterTreasuresFrenchGoldofOhio.jpg]
[Image: MarkTeixeira2010TTTSepiaR1527.jpg]

More fat guys on mini cards for my collection and an IP auto I got as a kid that my mom sent to me via PRIORITY, lol, she thought it was really valuable. I hope there is something else in the boxes she found.
[Image: HeathBell2010206PiedmontFramedauto.jpg]
[Image: BartoloColon2007GinterBlackHigh.jpg]
[Image: MarkLewis1989ToppsIP.jpg]

Oh and of course a few Jeter pickups

[Image: 2008FinestMomentsRedref25.jpg]
[Image: 2008FinestMomentsGreenRef199.jpg]
[Image: 2000FinestFTRFR1C314.jpg]
[Image: 2000ChromeRefractor.jpg]
[Image: 20003x3Illuminator.jpg]
[Image: 1999TriumvirateLuminescent.jpg]
[Image: 1998MysteryFinestBorderlessRef.jpg]
[Image: 1998MysteryFinestBorderedRef.jpg]
[Image: 2011LineageNNOFjeet.jpg]
No, I am NOT the guy who paid 89 bucks for this or whatever on ebay. I pulled the NO FOIL Jeter.

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

RE: FINALLY wrapped on two nice sets, Some more PC pickups too!!
Awesome! Great work on the Inventions of the Future mini's, those were tough! I will check when I get home but I know I have some of those Goudey/Chicle vintage cards lying around somewhere (in tough shape)
Not doing the 2010 A&G Saltiest Sailor mini's? Those are the toughest yet, if you see #9 Thomas Tew anywhere for less than $60 that's what I'm willing to pay Smile
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

Thanks Pete, yeah the inventions set was tough, but here is what is wierd. When the set was new in 09 I got two right away, they then all but dissappeared and in the last TWO WEEKS I scored the final three, way below what I was willing to pay for them 2 years later.

Yeah I didnt really like any of the minis from 2010. I started on the greek gods set but got a few, shelved it and traded them all a few months later.

Please do let me know if you have any of those Diamond stars lying around. I am not concerned with condition really as long as it is not missing any of the picture or words peeled off the back. I have no problem with G-VG.

&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set

sweet pickups -I really like the old ones!

It doesn't get any more eye appealing than what you just posted man. You showed baseball, aliens, planes, more alians and vintage! Wicked awesome combination. I like the Wakefield the best! Nice Spit-Ball!

I'll take a look when I get home, still away on vaca, I know I had a handful of them from my roommates mom's collection.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

Wow, man! Those sets are awesome. I would love to be able to find the Inventions of the Future set for myself someday! Thanks for showing them off.
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

(09-24-2011, 11:58 AM)jtulliakat0628 Wrote: It doesn't get any more eye appealing than what you just posted man. You showed baseball, aliens, planes, more alians and vintage! Wicked awesome combination. I like the Wakefield the best! Nice Spit-Ball!
Thanks man, dont think I can compete with your latest post though. A complete rainbow is really something special and unless I pull a Jeter 1/1, will probably never have as part of my Jeter collection. I have a whole bunch of incomplete ones that have nice cards though, lol.

Make no mistake, while they are not autos or relics, these Jeters were pretty tough for me to find (at a reasonable price anyway) and I look almost everyday on several sites. One of them has been hiding under my nose for over a year at a dealers table that frequents the local shows. I have no idea how I missed it. It is the acetate finest for the record.
(09-24-2011, 01:36 PM)dbacks08 Wrote: Wow, man! Those sets are awesome. I would love to be able to find the Inventions of the Future set for myself someday! Thanks for showing them off.
Dont go and buy a complete one. Tough it out and find them all, its a fun chase. Now that I am done I wont try and talk you out of getting started, lol
(09-24-2011, 12:53 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: I'll take a look when I get home, still away on vaca, I know I had a handful of them from my roommates mom's collection.
Pete that would be amazing even if you just had one or two. Please let me know what numbers and what color the backs are when you find them. I wont be picky on condition but I will wanna see f/b scans. I dont know if I have anything to trade for vintage stuff, I know I dont like trading it for modern but I am sure we could come to a cash agreement if you cant find anything. I literally sent Jason (beatlesguy) a 10 dollar bill for one. You guessed it, the catcher in full gear, lol

&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set

those sets are awesome congrats. One day i will finish a set and post it, instead of starting another one out of aggrivation lol....those are really great looking cards thanks for sharing

Thanks john, you take on much more difficult sets though. When you finish one it will be epic. I just like to refresh everyones memory that I dont JUST collect Jeter. I am big into set collecting and it is getting worse. The problem is always storage, lol

I will always share my pickups with the forums I visit. You guys are the only people I know who care at all. The G/f, forget it and all of my friends just see baseball as a threat to the popularity of football.

&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set