`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Masterpieces question

Masterpieces question
Im going through some sets just looking at what it would take to complete it and I ran across the 07 Masterpieces. Has anyone ever seen the Artist Proof or the Original Painting of any of the cards before? Im searching around the internet but cant find anything..

RE: Masterpieces question
2007? The year they did Captured on Canvas? No, I never saw any but I did see the original art for Maggs used for '08 Masterpieces a few weeks ago on eBay. I almost went for it but couldn't get past how the artist did his upper lip...so distracting. Smile

Click above to see my GQ leather minis (162/350) - Updated 03/01/13
WANTED: 1978 Tigers Team Issue Set, 2007 Fleer Mini Die Cuts Gold #216 Magglio Ordonez

I haven't. It would be nice to see at least one of them. I hope someone can answer this for you. Masterpieces is one of the very best sets UD EVER made! I am always happy to see more unseen stuff from it.
(09-23-2011, 11:23 PM)frostycollects Wrote: 2007? The year they did Captured on Canvas? No, I never saw any but I did see the original art for Maggs used for '08 Masterpieces a few weeks ago on eBay. I almost went for it but couldn't get past how the artist did his upper lip...so distracting. Smile
CoC was in the '08 set too. UD Masterpieces is the only 'painting' set I ever REALLY liked. I still love the framed cards (parallels). Those just look so good.

Well researching a little bit more it seems that they are out there. I assume that you don't see them often because its such a collectors set. Once someone has it they don't let go.

[Image: 29griffey1of1artistproo.jpg]

Artist Proof? I think it is with the bright white lining...

Hi,

I have the original painting of Josh done by artist Ron Stark. I had it framed with a regular base card and a cut auto from the artist and did the same with my original Dick Perez painting...

Not a good picture but here it is...............

[Image: 07masterpieces.jpg]

(09-23-2011, 10:23 PM)jblaze1718 Wrote: Im going through some sets just looking at what it would take to complete it and I ran across the 07 Masterpieces. Has anyone ever seen the Artist Proof or the Original Painting of any of the cards before? Im searching around the internet but cant find anything..
[Image: hamiltonfanbanner.jpg]

Always buying Josh Hamilton Items - especially printing plates - low
numbered items - Finders fees given for Hamilton 1/1's and rare items found that are not on ebay.

Wow beautiful! So I guess the original painting is a box topper?

Actually it a regular sized "redemption" card. It comes with a card that is essentially a 1/1 as it has information about the artist on the back of the card (no stats or card # etc) and then it also comes with the redemption card. (both together in a regular pack)
The actuall painting is 11 x 14 as I recall...

(09-24-2011, 12:47 AM)jblaze1718 Wrote: Wow beautiful! So I guess the original painting is a box topper?
[Image: hamiltonfanbanner.jpg]

Always buying Josh Hamilton Items - especially printing plates - low
numbered items - Finders fees given for Hamilton 1/1's and rare items found that are not on ebay.

(09-24-2011, 12:53 AM)hamiltonfan Wrote: Actually it a regular sized "redemption" card. It comes with a card that is essentially a 1/1 as it has information about the artist on the back of the card (no stats or card # etc) and then it also comes with the redemption card. (both together in a regular pack)
The actuall painting is 11 x 14 as I recall...
I guess its possible that many of these are now lost then in unopened boxes, I wonder if they expire....

(09-24-2011, 09:00 AM)jblaze1718 Wrote: I guess its possible that many of these are now lost then in unopened boxes, I wonder if they expire....
that would be a shame
Currently Collecting:
Baseball HOFers: Autos, Vintage and Rookies
Dallas Cowboys: Autos and Vintage

Wow, I had no idea these things existed. And so begins my yankee hunt. I agree that this is one of the strongest sets UD ever made. Even the relics are awesome and I dont like relic cards. I loved the artwork and was really happy alot of the cards were capturing a key moment involving the player, not just a random swing shot or profile photo. The only thing missing from the set was a dang blasted Thuman Munson card. An epic dropping of the ball on such a Yankee strong checklist. I think one of the six Babe cards could have been a Munson and no one would have minded. lol

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes