`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My son getting into cards?

My son getting into cards?
So for the first time, my four year old son asked if we could go to Target tomorrow so that he could get his own pack of cards.

For a little over a year now, he likes to go into my 5000 count boxes of cards and pull 2-3 for himself about once every week or two and he LOVES when he gets to have one that is in a top loader. He has his own 200 count box but now he says he needs a bigger one.

He's always looking in my cards for either Red Sox (born into it, both sides of the family), Phillies (first pro game he saw was Nats v. Phillies, though not sure why he stuck with the Phillies since we're in the DC metro area), and Pirates. I mean really, what four year old DOESN'T think a pirate is cool?

I'll be curious to see where this goes though I know it would take at minimum a few years before these things could ever beat out legos for him.

RE: My son getting into cards?
I've been collecting with my son for a couple years now (he's 11). We trade quite a bit, and just generally have fun buying packs and getting autographs together. It's a great father son thing.
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

AWESOME!!!! I cant wait my son is 2 and I loved collecting with my dad as a kid and hope he does to. Make sure to keep him involved!!!!This hobby is dying out but people like you can make it maintain. I was out for a while and then just recently found out my dad has cancer, while we were visiting him in Va Beach (Im from Ohio) His brother (my uncle) was there and they were ripping wax like it was christmas. I kinda fell back in love with it, although I have always been a YANKS fan!!!!! My dad gave me a hard plastic of every yankee in the 2011 topps set and needless to say I was so touched. I came back home and been on a tare!!!!! We talk back and forth alot and try and trade over the phone but nothing compares to being there with him. SO keep it up Thank yoou for letting me share my story and for sharing yours!!!!!

I agree whole heartedly. My son is 10 and has been collecting and trading for about 3 years now. The main thing is watching out for him on Ebay, he's been burnt a couple of times. But that is how you learn I tell him, now he does his own checking on sellers feedback, shipping cost, etc. One of the more comical moments was when he won this card he really wanted for a great price, then found out it was $4.99 for shipping. Boy was he mad, lol. Thanks for listening.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

I got dibs that he will turn into a Rangers fan.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I have a 5yo daughter who just lights up when I give her cards. I went through my PC a couple of months ago and streamlined. I was going to throw a bunch of duplicate commons in the trash, but gave some to her instead. She slept with those cards for a few nights after that. She loves them. She also got really excited the other day when I gave her a diamond anniversary card. She liked that it was shiny and sparkly.
[Image: BRANDONcopy_zpsd5fbbe0f.png]

Special thanks to "DB" for the banner

He's 4 years old and already wanting more and bigger boxes? Sounds like he isn't going to have any self control at the LCS when he grows up!!

(09-23-2011, 07:42 AM)waynetalger Wrote: I got dibs that he will turn into a Rangers fan.
Let's all hope so. the more the merrier.
Currently Collecting:
Baseball HOFers: Autos, Vintage and Rookies
Dallas Cowboys: Autos and Vintage

(09-22-2011, 07:40 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: AWESOME!!!! I cant wait my son is 2 and I loved collecting with my dad as a kid and hope he does to. Make sure to keep him involved!!!!This hobby is dying out but people like you can make it maintain. I was out for a while and then just recently found out my dad has cancer, while we were visiting him in Va Beach (Im from Ohio) His brother (my uncle) was there and they were ripping wax like it was christmas. I kinda fell back in love with it, although I have always been a YANKS fan!!!!! My dad gave me a hard plastic of every yankee in the 2011 topps set and needless to say I was so touched. I came back home and been on a tare!!!!! We talk back and forth alot and try and trade over the phone but nothing compares to being there with him. SO keep it up Thank yoou for letting me share my story and for sharing yours!!!!!
Beautiful story. Thanks for sharing. Wish all the best for your dads health!
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.