`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Custom Acetate Card

Custom Acetate Card
Came across some transparency paper at a garage sale recently and thought I would try making card that resemble acetate cards.

The print job turned out pretty well although there were some minor spots that had odd coloration to them. Not sure if that was the printer or if the paper was just old and didn't take the ink as well. The transparency paper is also tougher to cut compared to regular cardstock.

I probably won't be switching to this medium any time soon for my customs, but it may make a nice change of pace, especially for in person autographs.

Comments welcome! Thanks for looking!

[Image: Comp_zpsiyduut4w.jpg]

Next to regular cardstock versions.

[Image: DSC02447_zpslpcuzk9s.jpg]

[Image: DSC02446_zpsvrf21hye.jpg]
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

RE: Custom Acetate Card
Very interesting! I could see trying a modification to this where you cut out the player picture and sandwich it between two transparencies a la the old EX series from late 90s/early 2000s or Panini's Clear Vision from 2015. Probably save it for Leonhard though, I imagine it would be labor intensive. I very much like your results. Imagine mixing this project with your letterman, similar to the Clear Cut autos that Topps Strata does.

Love that second design! Has an old school Topps feel.

How well do you think they'll take to signatures?

Awesome, Al!
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

I think they look great great, especially that second one. It makes me think of '97 Playoff First & Ten Kickoff parallels.
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

That is some cool work. Thanks for sharing!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(07-30-2015, 11:55 AM)jplarson Wrote: How well do you think they'll take to signatures?
I tried using a regular sharpie on a one of each kind that had noticeable printing flaws and that didn't cut out the best. Takes the sharpie a bit longer to dry, but looked good. Will post them up when I get a chance.
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1