`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Self control baby!!!

RE: Self control baby!!!
haha. I think there are much people here who would make you look like the king of self control though. I was there picking up storage, and 1 guy busted a case of UFC something or another, got a bad case, and decided to go for a case of Panini Basketball (the on that looks like gold bars.) Crazy
Currently Collecting:
Baseball HOFers: Autos, Vintage and Rookies
Dallas Cowboys: Autos and Vintage

This happens to me every trip to my LCS. Last time I went to pick up penny sleeves. I left with a box of Marquee (big disappointment). My 3 100 packs of penny sleeves cost me $173.00!
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

Well here is my sad story...My LCS is a 3 minute walk from my front door.......... That is a very very bad thing.

(09-22-2011, 07:52 AM)sonnyday Wrote: This happens to me every trip to my LCS. Last time I went to pick up penny sleeves. I left with a box of Marquee (big disappointment). My 3 100 packs of penny sleeves cost me $173.00!
must be some high quality penny sleeves. I am glad I didn't get the marquee.
(09-22-2011, 08:04 AM)JASCards Wrote: Well here is my sad story...My LCS is a 3 minute walk from my front door.......... That is a very very bad thing.
haha you need to move asap man.
Currently Collecting:
Baseball HOFers: Autos, Vintage and Rookies
Dallas Cowboys: Autos and Vintage

I never walk in not intending to spend. The unfortunate part is spending too much!!!
I just limit my visits to once a month or so and do my singles shopping for higher end stuff on the bay.
My LCS just doesn't bust much anymore, he buys most of his store singles online also .
I couldn't believe it but he swears that the gaming cards are hot sellers .

I'm a sucker for the $1 bin when I find a good one at a LCS. I can end up spending hours sorting through a good $1 bin and pull out some really great stuff.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Just today I was at one of my lcs and already had 3 cards on hold and picked up 3 more. Of course, I could have spent more but will try my other lcs tomorrow for some singles.
(09-22-2011, 08:04 AM)JASCards Wrote: Well here is my sad story...My LCS is a 3 minute walk from my front door.......... That is a very very bad thing.
my closest lcs is a 2 minute drive from my driveway. the other one is about 10 minutes from my work's parking lot.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

went in this week for penny sleeves and team bags and walked out with a storage box and 2011 topps 2 box as well for $100 less in my pocket. good point was a maddox glove card...first good card in 3 years from topps.
baseball

Its only natural to want your collection to be amazing and I too struggle with self control in my lcs. So now I do a few things, I have a $1000 monthly limit and a list of things I need. If its not on the list, I dont buy it. If Im over my monthly limit I dont go near the shop.

Yesterday I was in there getting some A&G commons and found my self staring in quiet deliberation at a Marquee box for about 3 minutes. I asked the owner what he thought about 'em and he talked me out of it! It really could have gone either way and Im finding that even with all my safeguards the tendencies still creep in.