• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
69-70 OPC Bernie Parent error card??
Sad 
69-70 OPC Bernie Parent error card??
Hello, This is my very first post here.

I had this card for a long time:

a 69-70 OPC Bernie Parent Philadelphia flyers card
but on the back is the picture and stats of:
Norm Ullman #54 and it is upside down compared to front.

Someone knows if this is a common error or what?

thanks for your help!

Mission

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: 69-70 OPC Bernie Parent error card??
As far as i know, this is the first i've heard of this card. Therefore you could consider it as being a very rare error, however there are several issues here.

First of all, this is such a rare error that it wouldn't have value to set collectors trying to build master sets since there aren't enough copies of the error to define having an error-printing run and a corrected printing run which then means this card would only have value to Bernie Parent and/or Norm Ullman collectors.

Secondly, the stamp was affixed to the card which decreases card values as it's considered defacement (even though this is what was OPC/Topps intended the stamps for...) although this being a scarce card should be too much of a decrease.

My best guess is that OPC noticed the mistake before the set was sent out for packaging then destroyed the errors, reprinted the card and happened to miss this one (and maybe a few more) during the QA process.
Slamming down the Haterade since 2008-09...

too bad I can't see the imanage, but it is pretty cool

(09-20-2011, 03:16 AM)cheatinc Wrote: My best guess is that OPC noticed the mistake before the set was sent out for packaging then destroyed the errors, reprinted the card and happened to miss this one (and maybe a few more) during the QA process.
I agree with above... this could be a nice find!
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

In order to allow others to see this card, i've taken the liberty to put it in a img hosting site for you:

[Image: berniew.jpg]
[Image: bernie2.jpg]
Slamming down the Haterade since 2008-09...

I would say that if the back is upside down from the front that it is printing error-- they got a whole sheet of backs upside down so everyone is wrong. B/c the entire Ulman back is on the card it may be worth a fair bit to the right person as kinda a novelty.

Thanks for posting the photos and for all your replies. Maybe I'll try the card on Ebay sometime. So far nobody's sure about this card. I bought a lot of 69/70 OPC from a card shop in Montreal about 15 years ago, this card was in the lot, unfortunately with the stamp on the back. Damn! ;-)

(09-20-2011, 03:16 AM)cheatinc Wrote: As far as i know, this is the first i've heard of this card. Therefore you could consider it as being a very rare error, however there are several issues here.

First of all, this is such a rare error that it wouldn't have value to set collectors trying to build master sets since there aren't enough copies of the error to define having an error-printing run and a corrected printing run which then means this card would only have value to Bernie Parent and/or Norm Ullman collectors.

Secondly, the stamp was affixed to the card which decreases card values as it's considered defacement (even though this is what was OPC/Topps intended the stamps for...) although this being a scarce card should be too much of a decrease.

My best guess is that OPC noticed the mistake before the set was sent out for packaging then destroyed the errors, reprinted the card and happened to miss this one (and maybe a few more) during the QA process.