`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's The Difference Bewtween RC and (RC)

RE: What's The Difference Bewtween RC and (RC)
(09-19-2011, 08:56 PM)the cardboard fan Wrote: Not to go into the long drawn out details as to why (which were somewhat touched on above) but if you are looking to collect exclusively RC's then all you have to do is look them up in the OPG as they will be listed as RC instead of (RC) anything marked as RC is a true 1st year licensed RC
whats the true difference though cardboard fan?
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

In 06 they changed the rules on what a rookie card is

Before it was their 1st licensed major league card then it was changed to they couldn't have a RC until hitting the qualifiers to count as their rookie year

So RC is a true rookie card and (RC) is what I call a 2nd year rookie and is the product of people such as Jordan Schafer who had a true RC in 05 or anytime before 06 and then a (RC) in his rookie season of 09

Someone mentioned Josh Hamilton who is a perfect example who has RC's from 99 but (RC)'s from 07 as he didn't qualify to move past his rookie season until then

Eventually there will be no more new (RC)'s just as there are no more new XRC's once the system slowly corrects itself
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

So I was half right? Aren't the qualifiers so many AB/IP in the majors?
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

It just depends on how you look at it. If your looking at first MLB card then it will be his first year. If you going for first MLB year you will have multiple years. This is one of the reasons I collect all the 1992 to 1996 Derek Jeter cards. These to me are all considered his rookie cards.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(09-19-2011, 09:13 PM)the cardboard fan Wrote: In 06 they changed the rules on what a rookie card is

Before it was their 1st licensed major league card then it was changed to they couldn't have a RC until hitting the qualifiers to count as their rookie year

So RC is a true rookie card and (RC) is what I call a 2nd year rookie and is the product of people such as Jordan Schafer who had a true RC in 05 or anytime before 06 and then a (RC) in his rookie season of 09

Someone mentioned Josh Hamilton who is a perfect example who has RC's from 99 but (RC)'s from 07 as he didn't qualify to move past his rookie season until then

Eventually there will be no more new (RC)'s just as there are no more new XRC's once the system slowly corrects itself
When you say "they", do you mean Beckett or Topps,UD,etc. I wasn't collecting then and I'm enjoying the info...
[Image: vgh3p.png]