`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where to start again

where to start again
I have not collected in about 15 years. Quit while I was in college.

Where is a good place to start collecting again? I know the marketplace has changed significantly since the mid-1990's with companies and the way inserts, autographs and jersey cards dominate the industry now.

I am looking for something to do with my kids for fun. We are looking for inexpensive ideas, as we want to start off slow and then build from there. Probably would like to start from 2007 to the current.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

RE: where to start again
I think the best way to start off slow is base cards...... I have a bunch, what are your kids favorite football teams? Let me know, give me your address, and I'll send some your way. I have a CRAP load of base that I do not need/want.
[Image: Msimonds.png]

My Collection is at 100% right now!! I am 100% with Dallas Cowboys Rookie Class Threads AND 100% with Dallas Cowboys Playoff Contenders RC Autos .... until next year Smile

(09-19-2011, 01:18 PM)thechef Wrote: I have not collected in about 15 years. Quit while I was in college.

Where is a good place to start collecting again? I know the marketplace has changed significantly since the mid-1990's with companies and the way inserts, autographs and jersey cards dominate the industry now.

I am looking for something to do with my kids for fun. We are looking for inexpensive ideas, as we want to start off slow and then build from there. Probably would like to start from 2007 to the current.

I am working on an idea of moving large lots of specific teams of inserts and rookies for cheap. I will post the scans of all the cards you would get and take offers on the lot. This may be a way for you to get back into the hobby inexpensively. The only team not really available are the Packers. To get an idea of they type of stuff in the lots, I posted a Saints lot a few minutes ago. LMK what you think.

Thanks
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

If you are looking to buy boxes, start with Topps base products or boxes around $60-75 price range. Also, know why you are collecting, goals, etc. Like you mentioned, a lot has changed. Some people just collect autographs, some just game used, not to many do sets (that I have heard about). Me, I collect everything.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

(09-19-2011, 01:18 PM)thechef Wrote: I have not collected in about 15 years. Quit while I was in college.

who do you guys like??? if I have anything, I will send to you to get you guys started...Smile
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(09-19-2011, 01:23 PM)msimonds Wrote: I think the best way to start off slow is base cards...... I have a bunch, what are your kids favorite football teams? Let me know, give me your address, and I'll send some your way. I have a CRAP load of base that I do not need/want.
+1 always looking to help kids out. let us know who you guys are collecting and i too can get you a little package together for the kiddos. just need that and your address.

oh and welcome back
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

For just 'getting your feet wet', start with boxes of cheaper sets. The more-cards-for-your-money type of sets. Bowman, Topps, Score, and Upper Deck main sets are good sets to start with. After a few boxes of those, you'll want to move up a step. Bowman or Topps 'Chrome' products as well as many of the Donruss/Playoff products are that step. If you only want NFL cards (vs. NCAA), stay away from Upper Deck 2010 or 2011. Topps and Panini (who bought Donruss/Playoff) are the only 2 NFL licensed companies now.
I hope you enjoy getting back into the hobby, as well as bringing your children into it! If you have more questions, just ask. We are all here to help each other.