`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fanfare Retail BUST

RE: Fanfare Retail BUST
Fanfare IS a fun product! The retail packs are going to be VERY hit-or-miss, but the hobby boxes can be as well. Even considering that, they are fun breaks. I think this product is way better than Showcase and Five Star!!! 1st- it's more affordable than the other two. 2nd- you get more cards but still get a hit-per-pack. 3rd- the design is just as appealing as the other two.
I hope this release influences PP to make better decisions about their releases. I think they should limit their entire NASCAR line-up to these products (listed lowest cost to highest):

1. Press Pass Racing--the main set--It should stay at 200 or less base cards and no more than 2 insert sets, + 1 MEM set and 1 AU set. There should also not be more than 2 parallel versions - a hobby parallel and a retail parallel (blue for retail and holofoil for hobby would be great).
2. PP Eclipse -- same ideas as above, but add a parallel to the MEM & AU cards, plus a B&W version of the base cards available in hobby AND retail.
3. PP Premium -- Still the same for the base/insert sets, but add more names to the AU/RU lists but keep the # of parallels the same.
4. PP Fanfare -- Keep it very similar to the way 2011 is, but make 1 less parallel version of the AU/RU cards and eliminate the promotional parallels of base and base parallels!
5. Showcase -- Don't change a thing unless they want to add a few more base/parallel cards per box.

This is JMO, and I would attempt to buy AT LEAST one box of each if they did this lineup. That would be affordable. Element would be my wild card though. They could also release a set of that and I'd still be happy. The Wheels brand is just a waste to me. They should dump that like they did several other 'brands'. VIP used to be my second favorite set (after Eclipse), but they dumped it too.

(09-21-2011, 11:52 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: Fanfare IS a fun product! The retail packs are going to be VERY hit-or-miss
Yea they are....just got another from Wal-Mart and got a Casey Mears auto. $60 spend on 3 packs, and I probably pulled about $35-$40 in bv.

Also, in each retail pack you get your hit, 2 base cards, 1 die-cut, and one insert. In 3 packs I got 6 base cards...2 of them were duplicates...how lame is that?

I spent $40 on eBay though and got 1 auto, 2 dual relics, and 4 single relics.

(09-24-2011, 03:17 PM)slufan83 Wrote: Yea they are....just got another from Wal-Mart and got a Casey Mears auto. $60 spend on 3 packs, and I probably pulled about $35-$40 in bv.

Also, in each retail pack you get your hit, 2 base cards, 1 die-cut, and one insert. In 3 packs I got 6 base cards...2 of them were duplicates...how lame is that?

have busted 16 boxes with 2 more getting here monday and like spazmatastic said it is hit or miss in hobby too haven't found any retail yet would like too though so i could enter the contest for the Danica 8x10 have a bunch of duplicates that i can trade to help build sets still haven't finished the subsets or die-cut set but did complete my base set love the cards will get set up to trade soon just been busy trying to land a job!!!!
http://s1182.photobucket.com/albums/x456/scampbell379/
I collect Tony Gwynn, Cal Ripken and Stan Musial in base ball and all the OFF Roaders in NASCAR, and bust FB every now and then but no emotional attachment to any of the hits i pull if some thing catches your eye let me know

(09-24-2011, 03:17 PM)slufan83 Wrote: Yea they are....just got another from Wal-Mart and got a Casey Mears auto. $60 spend on 3 packs, and I probably pulled about $35-$40 in bv.

Make sure to check this list to see if you pulled any SP's.

http://www.presspassinc.com/news/fanfare...-parallels