`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List of Spring Training/Regular Season TTM Sucesses...

List of Spring Training/Regular Season TTM Sucesses...
I've been a long time reader of the baseball message boards here at Beckett, but an infrequent poster, thought I'd change that. The threads of various members here have been great resources for my TTM requests this season, so I thought I'd throw up my successes to help out fellow graphers.

Successful Returns Originally Mailed To Spring Training Addresses:

Vernon Wells (Angels)
Simon Castro (Padres)
Kyle Blanks (Padres)
Mike Napoli (Rangers)
Cameron Maybin (Padres)
Hunter Pence (Astros)
Chone Figgins (Mariners)
John Mayberry Jr. (Phillies)
Clayton Richard (Padres)
Jarret Hoffpauir (Padres)
Geoff Blum (D-Backs)
Xavier Nady (D-Backs)
A.J. Pierzynski (White Sox)
Chris Young (pitcher) (Mets)
Juan Pierre (white sox) (Dodgers Program)

Retired Players Mailed To Home Addresses:
Bobby Bonilla (home address)

Returns From Regular Season Stadium Addresses:
Heath Bell (Padres Playbill)
Jair Jurrjens (Braves)
J.J. Putz (D-Backs)
Gaby Sanchez (Marlins)

I probably sent out about 75 Spring Training auto requests this year, and about 50 over the course of the regular season. I just pick players I like and try and create a good mixture of rookies and veterans that I feel are fan friendly and might return my cards. Half the trick is just going for whomever you want because you never know which players might return them!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: List of Spring Training/Regular Season TTM Sucesses...
I've gotten:

Spring Training:
Drew Stubbs (Reds)

Regular Season:
Jonny Gomes (Nats)
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(09-17-2011, 04:14 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: I've gotten:

Spring Training:
Drew Stubbs (Reds)

Regular Season:
Jonny Gomes (Nats)
Sweet! I like Stubbs, but don't have any cards of him. I need to grab some Jay Bruce cards too. Does he sign TTM as well? I got a Votto signed heritage card returned from last season, and mailed him his Sports Illustrated cover issue this season. I'll definitely hit up Gomes as I've got some extra cards sitting around.
Any other can't miss successes you'd recommend? Or guys you know are good during spring training only, regular season, etc.?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

ive always been intrested in this, how do you get the players address? is there a website? Thanks for the help guys

Go to MLB.com's webpage and at the very bottom left of the page is a header that reads "Official Information" and about four sub-headings down is a link titled "Team Information" which will bring you to a page with all the teams stadium contact addresses.

If you're going to send auto requests to the stadium during the season it's best to get them out in April or May, when players aren't to terribly busy with pennant races yet. I find I get requests sent earlier in the season returned to me much faster. That said some players wait till after the year, and seem to do all their fan mail at once.

By far the best time to send out requests is during spring training, and the Cactus League (Arizona) and Grape Fruit League (Florida) usually post team addresses on a page on their web pages. I received an overwhelmingly better return % on requests sent during spring training versus the regular season. You have a much better chance of getting veterans that may only sign TTM during spring training. Up and coming rookies are always a good bet whether sent during spring training, to their minor league club during the season, or to the big league team post-call up.

Cards-wise topps/bowman heritage cards sign well with their old-school pure cardboard finishes. Regular topps issues with their glossier fronts and Chromes/refractors look beautiful, but if you don't prep them by rubbing some baby powder on them you run the risk of an auto smearing, or in the case of chromes the ink coagulating and the auto looking like junk.

I usually just send two cards as most players will usually sign both, giving you the opportunity to send a rookie and a nice Heritage, or a cool refractor. Sometimes a player will keep a card and mail back the other. I've also had successes with Sports Illustrated's, and the free handbills/programs lots of teams are giving out at the stadium these days.

Hope that helps and good luck!