`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best 90s Affordable Box to Break

Best 90s Affordable Box to Break
Hey everyone, I've been getting more into basketball collecting and I really like lots of the shiny inserts and refractors from sets throughout the 90s. I'd like to do a break of one of the boxes from the 90s with lots of fun inserts and pulls for anywhere from $30-60.
What box would you recommend? Thanks.
Check out my blog at http://cccollecting.blogspot.com!
I collect Rams, Giants, A's, and Mavs (to a lesser extent).

Trade Bait is available through the blog link.

RE: Best 90s Affordable Box to Break
topps finest and chrome, but then again i like shiny cards

(09-17-2011, 03:51 PM)ShaqEatsThat Wrote: topps finest and chrome, but then again i like shiny cards
He said affordable, which I guess is relative. What dollar range are you looking for.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

I'd probably say 96-97 Topps, series two. Not a ton of flashy cards, but they can usually be had around $50 and you will typically pull at least 2-3 Kobe RCs that are nice to have around for trade bait or to recoup some of the money down the road if you so choose.

I do love the Topps Chrome, but they tend to run $70-$90 for most years, and the Kobe RC year is astronomically high.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Bowman's best is pretty good bang for the buck.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

If you like early 90's, search ebay for "cello box" fleer or fleer ultra. box range I've seen over the last year are $30-80 for the cello boxes. These were always fun for me to break. I loved all the inserts in ultra. I stopped collecting for a while in middle of 95. If you have the online price guide or magazine, check out the prices for the inserts & RC's for 92-93 & 93-94. The jordan inserts are worth a few bucks if not more. Some are in the $20 range. I also loved the first two years of Finest. Not much inserts, but filled with a few top RC's. I picked up a box of Finest for $50 delivered last year. The refractors are worth some money!! Especially if you get a RC or an A-list player. I was lucky & got a Bird refractor & a couple Webbers, which paid for the box. it was a fun break!!
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*