`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Opinions on becketts supercollector

RE: Opinions on becketts supercollector
chads - what part of Pittsburgh are you from?
I am from the Murrysville/Delmont area. I am trying to supercollect Emmanuel Sanders. I am good friends with most of the local dealers, maybe I can help you out on your quest for who you will collect.

Here is my Sanders PC so far. I have 7 more incoming (one of them being another Sterling printing plate jersey)

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d191/A...20Sanders/

Hope we can help each other out!

Good luck, Dan

Well i'll put it this way for my Dolphins PC.
I have just over 9300 different cards not counting jersey variations. On top of my cards i have numerous 8x1o autos, over 100 IP/TTM autos, Posters, Signed mini helmets, Signed jersey, figures, newspaper clippings, folders, sunglasses, mugs, stuffed animals... i can go on and on. I love getting anything assoceiated with the Dolphins logo. I submitted my pc for supercollector and never heard back. I have been annointed supercollector of the dolphins on another site and have the best pc on another for 2 years running. I like it when others love looking at my pc and when i get a smile for pulling a single base card of my team. Its all perspective.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

totally agree with you on this point to a certain extent.
(10-11-2011, 10:48 AM)rinzler Wrote: Self-annointed supercollectors are annoying. What is wrong with enjoying what you have without needing to have it validated by someone else's opinion?
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(10-12-2011, 07:01 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: Crazy idea - How about Paul Pozlusny?? He's a PITT guy, D-Side of the field, and he's just now trying to restart his career..
Just to make you aware. Puz went to Penn state then played for the Bills and now is on the Jags. Not srue where you are getting the Pitt from.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

(10-11-2011, 10:48 AM)rinzler Wrote: Self-annointed supercollectors are annoying. What is wrong with enjoying what you have without needing to have it validated by someone else's opinion?
I have a thread on here I labeled my 49ers Supercollection. What I'm saying to people by that is if you click on it, you are going to see a ton of 49ers stuff. Probably more than you have ever seen before. And over time it is going to grow larger. I highly doubt that anybody that looks at it will argue with me that its a super collection. Needless to say it doesnt include pics of the thousands of base, inserts, or rcs that dont have an auto or jsy. I haven't really given myself the title of "super collector" or anything but I labeled my thread that because I figured I would give people a good sense of what they are about to see.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

[quote='xarchmadanx' pid='1739084' dateline='1318425230']
chads - what part of Pittsburgh are you from?
I am from the Murrysville/Delmont area. I am trying to supercollect Emmanuel Sanders. I am good friends with most of the local dealers, maybe I can help you out on your quest for who you will collect.

yeah my family owns sports card junction in the north hills
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(10-12-2011, 01:15 AM)chads-cards Wrote: Btw bakerman I probably have some marino you could use. Ik marinoisking is on my list of people who need my list of marinos. But thats besides the point.
But... But... I asked you first for your Marino list. LOL. I was waiting to find out what you had before I went Colbert hunting.

I actually have all the base set cards of Marino, including SP's, retail versions, factory set versions and any jersey or jersey/auto /25 cards that are a part of a base set.... One day I'll count them so you can know the total.

On a side note, I think the term "Supercollection" is more for a collection that makes you say, "OMG! I can't believe this!" so many times, you eventually become desensitized to the cards you are looking at. To the point you are looking at a Marino jersey/auto /50 and saying, "OK, I'm tired of looking at this box." I've met some GIANT Marino fans and showed them my box with Marino autographs. People start looking, all enthusiastic, 10-15 in, they ask "These are all Marino?" at about 30-40 they slow down, sometimes even stop looking, because it loses its luster.
I hate to say it, but just because someone has a lot of cards, or just a lot of highend cards, it doesn't make it "super" in my eyes. It could be a good collection, or a great collection, but I think Supercollection titles belong to the top 1%. Something that makes you say, "Wow. I'll never forget that collection!"

PS I also have seen MANY collections in Beckett that did not follow these guidelines in my eyes. It also bothers me, that a sportscard magazine, would showcase a "Supercollection" that is filled with wonderful memorabilia and ZERO cards. That bugs me. Not knocking the collection, but this is a sportscard magazine, not a signed mini-helmet magazine.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.