`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Finally Completed, now i need ADVICE PLEASE

Finally Completed, now i need ADVICE PLEASE
Well I've been working on a 2007 sweet spot classic memorabilia (bat/jersey) set and I finally got my last card today, the set is 100 cards of jerseys and bats. I'm really excited about this as I've been working on it for more than 2 years between trades, the bay and LCS and shows.

Now here's where I need some advice, and I would kindly appreciate your help guys/gals, I've got every card in a penny sleeve and top loader and I was asking myself if I should put them in a binder and card pages as that would be easier for me to check out all the cards, I've never done this with any autos or GU so I really don't know if it's a good idea. Please any input will help me out.
COLLECTING BASEBALL HOF AU/GU, DODGERS (VINTAGE pre 70), NOLAN RYAN, MATT KEMP, MIGUEL CABRERA, ADRIAN GONZALEZ Au's
SET COLLECTING:
2001 GREATS OF THE GAME AUTOS
2006 GREATS OF THE GAME AUTOGRAPHICS OR SP's

RE: Finally Completed, now i need ADVICE PLEASE
I've been kind of having the same dilemma with my Hamels PC lately. I want to view the cards easily and be able to see completed rainbows, auto, and mem set for example. I figured I would just go for it so last night I put a couple 08 SPx mem and autos in penny sleeves and then into the binder pages and it fit nicely while also looking very sweet all together as the set. I know its not in a hard case or anything but how much damage can be done in a binder? The corners are fine as the pages stretch to the card and since its for your own enjoyment to look at I would suggest you do it this way!

I would be curious to here other people's take on this though... It feels like a sin to be putting autos and mems in binder sleeves haha.

Just be sure to store the binder flat and not upright. Upright causes the pages to sag and can damage the corner cards.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(09-16-2011, 02:01 PM)jblaze1718 Wrote: I've been kind of having the same dilemma with my Hamels PC lately. I want to view the cards easily and be able to see completed rainbows, auto, and mem set for example. I figured I would just go for it so last night I put a couple 08 SPx mem and autos in penny sleeves and then into the binder pages and it fit nicely while also looking very sweet all together as the set. I know its not in a hard case or anything but how much damage can be done in a binder? The corners are fine as the pages stretch to the card and since its for your own enjoyment to look at I would suggest you do it this way!

I would be curious to here other people's take on this though... It feels like a sin to be putting autos and mems in binder sleeves haha.
Didnt think about the penny sleeve and then binder page I will see how that works, thank you.
(09-16-2011, 02:04 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: Just be sure to store the binder flat and not upright. Upright causes the pages to sag and can damage the corner cards.
Never thought of that, so my older sets 70s should be stored flat and not standing up as well, damn, Ill check my cards right now. Thank you.
COLLECTING BASEBALL HOF AU/GU, DODGERS (VINTAGE pre 70), NOLAN RYAN, MATT KEMP, MIGUEL CABRERA, ADRIAN GONZALEZ Au's
SET COLLECTING:
2001 GREATS OF THE GAME AUTOS
2006 GREATS OF THE GAME AUTOGRAPHICS OR SP's

(09-16-2011, 02:01 PM)jblaze1718 Wrote: I've been kind of having the same dilemma with my Hamels PC lately. I want to view the cards easily and be able to see completed rainbows, auto, and mem set for example. I figured I would just go for it so last night I put a couple 08 SPx mem and autos in penny sleeves and then into the binder pages and it fit nicely while also looking very sweet all together as the set. I know its not in a hard case or anything but how much damage can be done in a binder? The corners are fine as the pages stretch to the card and since its for your own enjoyment to look at I would suggest you do it this way!

How do you fit the card in pages, if you put it in a penny sleeve first? j/c.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(09-16-2011, 02:07 PM)eenrique25 Wrote: Didnt think about the penny sleeve and then binder page I will see how that works, thank you.
With thin cards it sometimes causes waves in penny sleeves and it doesn't look as great but I find that it works really well with thicker autos and mems.

(09-16-2011, 02:19 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: How do you fit the card in pages, if you put it in a penny sleeve first? j/c.
It fits fine with sleeves. Just slide it right in. Also it helps protect the bottom corners more because the edge of the sleeve lets it slide in instead of having to dent the corners forcing it in, as can happen sometimes.

I am having the same delema with the 2011 topps 60 relics. I now have compiled 106 of the 116 and am trying to figure out what to do with them when i complete it. I just got back into card collecting this year for the first time since i was a kid and don't know all the tricks yet. I was thinking about custom matting and framing all 116 and hanging in my home office with other memoriabilla. Has anyone tried to do something like that with cards before? (ps, first post here, trying to get the hang of it, just signed up)

I too collect Hamels and have just recently moved everything into top loads. I am planning on buying some wall displays in the next few months to show my Hamels PC

Enrigue- Just wanted to add that I hope everything is going well for you and it's good to see you on the boards. It's been awile my friend and a pleasure to see your Threads once more. Congrats on the completion of your set. Mike
23isit's bucket
Collecting hall of famer GU and auto's. Todays stars
[Image: philliesbanner2.jpg]

Ive tried to keep my longorias , brauns , and wrights in toploaders for a while. But it just takes up too much space. Between the 3 of them i have 1000 cards and they are hard to keep organized and neat in toploaders. Ive decided to put all of the 10bv and under ones in binders and keep all others in the toploaders neatly organized. I just bought 200 pages off ebay for 40 bucks or something like that so i have some organizing to do

congrats on your set, im working on the 2010 update bat barrel set for almost a year now, hope im done soon too !