`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Topps what were you thinking?

Topps what were you thinking?
Im sitting here with 2 boxes of 1993 Topps that Ive barely broken into at this point. Now, understand that my wife is not into cards what so ever and Ill admit I probably spend more than I should on them. Im willing to bet alot can relate to what Im talking about. I'll also admit sometimes its easier to just not tell her about the 2 boxes I bought and everything works out for the better.

But right now Topps is about snitch me out with these ungodly loud wrappers that I could wake my neighbors up with. Please tell me why it was necessary to wrap these cards with plastic that is in no way possible to open without being louder than a lawn mower. Even if they are opened as slow as humanly possible it somehow still almost hurts my ears. Call me dramatic I guess but everything else aside it annoys the crap out of that I cant hear my TV while while Im trying to open a pack of cards.

Dont worry I have every intention of posting some box break results. But I just had to rant for a sec. thanks for listening. Comon' gold Jeter RC im feeling lucky.

Update....its going to be impossible to get a gold Jeter RC when I keep opening packs that are 2 cards short and 1 of them is the gold card. Right now I'm on 3 in a row and approx 5 of 10 that are as such. 1993 must also be the year Topps didnt have quality control on the payroll.

RE: Topps what were you thinking?
wait..... topps had quality control at some point before or after that?
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

I actually opened about 10 packs of 1993 Topps not too long ago and had the same problem. They are definitely not seeded 1 per pack.
Completing the following:

2010 Topps Chrome X-Fractors (142/220 - 64.5%)
2010 Bowman Platinum Refractors (60/100 - 60%)
2011 Topps Diamond (444/660 - 67.3%)

Finished 2011 Sets: Topps Series 1 Master, Heritage Master, Heritage Chrome, Gypsy Queen Framed Green, Gypsy Queen Minis, Heritage Black

(09-16-2011, 01:08 AM)Datwell0724 Wrote: Im sitting here with 2 boxes of 1993 Topps that Ive barely broken into at this point. Now, understand that my wife is not into cards what so ever and Ill admit I probably spend more than I should on them. Im willing to bet alot can relate to what Im talking about. I'll also admit sometimes its easier to just not tell her about the 2 boxes I bought and everything works out for the better.

But right now Topps is about snitch me out with these ungodly loud wrappers that I could wake my neighbors up with. Please tell me why it was necessary to wrap these cards with plastic that is in no way possible to open without being louder than a lawn mower. Even if they are opened as slow as humanly possible it somehow still almost hurts my ears. Call me dramatic I guess but everything else aside it annoys the crap out of that I cant hear my TV while while Im trying to open a pack of cards.

Dont worry I have every intention of posting some box break results. But I just had to rant for a sec. thanks for listening. Comon' gold Jeter RC im feeling lucky.

Update....its going to be impossible to get a gold Jeter RC when I keep opening packs that are 2 cards short and 1 of them is the gold card. Right now I'm on 3 in a row and approx 5 of 10 that are as such. 1993 must also be the year Topps didnt have quality control on the payroll.
This is why I usually open my cards at the LCS, work or in my car...I'm divorced now though.