`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone remember this?

Does anyone remember this?
I remember about a little more then a decade at about 5:00am there used to be a home shopping show for sports memorabilia. The show would consist of these two guys breaking packs and boxes the whole show. I remembering being fascinated by this show. It was on when Mcgwire and Sosa were doing there home run thing so they would bust boxes of Mcgwires Rookie year. I also remember them selling Jordan RCs and Selling packs of 86-87 Fleer basketball. Does anyone remember this? I tried youtubeing it and came across some newer stuff. The old one used to get their cards graded by PSA, so these videos are kinda corny.

http://youtu.be/nMakxN6fo_M
I have 300+ different John Starks Cards.
I sell basketball cards. If I trade ... All i want is John Starks cards. or bv 20.00 cards
I collect:
John Starks
International and Oddball John Starks
JOhn Starks autos and game used
Anthony Mason
Hubert Davis
20.00+ Kobe, Jordan, Derrick Rose, Durant, Lebron

RE: Does anyone remember this?
I don't remember a show of people breaking boxes, but I do remember a show of people selling sets and graded cards early in the morning, kind of like how they do coins. I was talking to wtsjr about that recently because I wasn't sure if they still had that show. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

we had shop at home, i cant remember the guys names but my mothers friend worked for shop at home, i believe they did the shows here in knoxville, and she got me an auto picture of the 2 lol. i loved that show, and since she worked their i got her discount on those items, i remember when i opened boxes i would emulate them. they would get so excited. thats where i got alot of my jordan memorabilia. i loved the 3200 count boxes of "unknown" cards and when they would fill those boxes with unopened packs. i also got a box of 94-95 stadium club and pulled the grant hill team of the futures insert, i think it was the most valuable card i have ever pulled at that time. i grew up on that show lol.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

I remember seeing something like that.. was not into buying stuff off tv or online.. I just started in 2007.. but been collecting off & on since 89.. back then, I didn't understand how much cards would be worth... so a lot of the cards from my early years were ruined...

Isn't there a cable show about sports cards? I remember reading something about it a few years ago.. never paid for cable, so I never seen it.. happy with regular bunny-ears to watch my shows, besides that, netflix or redbox.. Not paying for cable creates more funds to buy cardboard.... Can't have everything...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

just looked it up, it was don west and eddy lewis and the name of the show was sports collectibles.

lol, i hated when ken goldin started calling in and being on the show all the time.

lmao, the stamp will sell for 300-400 in the future, one sold recently on ebay for less then 10 shipped.

man bringing back memories, I think my mom bought a few things from there mainly the nestle crunch wrapped packs that contain mj and the 100 or 200 packs lot. Which I think I still have the majority of in a shuebox somewhere. I remember I kept like some packs of 96 ultra,skybox preminum not sure what else or years.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

That brings back memories,damn.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

in the summers, me and my best friend that also collected would stay up all night and watch this show, and it does bring back the memories!!!!

Gotta love these two scammers hahaha... Skip to 3:20 on the second video pingbling posted... " I thought we had 200-300 MY MISTAKE we have 40!!!" HAHAHAHAHA

(09-15-2011, 06:37 PM)bengu Wrote: Gotta love these two scammers hahaha... Skip to 3:20 on the second video pingbling posted... " I thought we had 200-300 MY MISTAKE we have 40!!!" HAHAHAHAHA
yeah, lol, they were definitely scammers. wikipedia said that after they took over the show and the revenue went from like 3 million to 150 million.