`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Paypal Help!!

OT: Paypal Help!!
For some reason my prefferred payment option was changed.

I would lilke for my default payment method to be my debit card / bank account but for some reason it is not. It is my Paypal CC.

How can I change it back? I remember a while ago I say a screen where there was a radial button where you could choose, but I can not seem to find it again.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Mark
[Image: Msimonds.png]

My Collection is at 100% right now!! I am 100% with Dallas Cowboys Rookie Class Threads AND 100% with Dallas Cowboys Playoff Contenders RC Autos .... until next year Smile

RE: OT: Paypal Help!!
(09-15-2011, 01:20 PM)msimonds Wrote: For some reason my prefferred payment option was changed.

I would lilke for my default payment method to be my debit card / bank account but for some reason it is not. It is my Paypal CC.

How can I change it back? I remember a while ago I say a screen where there was a radial button where you could choose, but I can not seem to find it again.

-Mark
go to the profile link. itll show under there where you can change it or add/delete options
How do I choose a payment method?

When you make a payment, the money is first taken from your PayPal balance. If your balance cannot cover the full amount of your payment, the rest of the money can come from PayPal Credit products, your linked bank account, or your personal debit or credit card.

You can choose your payment method during the send money flow. Here's what to do:

During checkout, click Change or More Funding Options under Payment Method on the Review page.
On the next page, select the payment method you want and click Continue.
The payment method you selected will be used after your PayPal balance.

Tips:

Adding a debit or credit card or bank account to your PayPal account gives you more ways to send money.
An instant transfer is an automatic withdrawal of funds from your bank account to cover the cost of a purchase.
The default method of payment - after your PayPal balance - may vary depending on what funding methods are available on your account.
If you choose to change your payment method, you must do this for each payment that you send.

[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(09-15-2011, 01:20 PM)msimonds Wrote: For some reason my prefferred payment option was changed.

-Mark
DO NOT EVER,EVER,EVER ALLOW PAYPAL ACCESS TO YOU BANK ACCOUNT, use a pre-paid CC that you can get from walmart, etc........, by allowing PAYPAL access to your bank account, you put your bank account at serious risk of them withdrawing all the money from it.

Why use a Pre-paid CC?

1. no Interest rate to pay,

2. You can only spend the amount you deposited into the account.

3. It saves all the hassles, if someone steals that cards information, from draining your life savings from your bank account etc....

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(09-15-2011, 04:41 PM)shezdoni Wrote: DO NOT EVER,EVER,EVER ALLOW PAYPAL ACCESS TO YOU BANK ACCOUNT, use a pre-paid CC that you can get from walmart, etc........, by allowing PAYPAL access to your bank account, you put your bank account at serious risk of them withdrawing all the money from it.

Why use a Pre-paid CC?

3. It saves all the hassles, if someone steals that cards information, from draining your life savings from your bank account etc....
Paypal has had access to my account for years and have never touched my bank account or cc's without my authorization. Has this happened to you or have you heard it before? How else do you deposit back to a bank account if you make sales without linking to a bank account?

(09-15-2011, 04:41 PM)shezdoni Wrote: DO NOT EVER,EVER,EVER ALLOW PAYPAL ACCESS TO YOU BANK ACCOUNT, use a pre-paid CC that you can get from walmart, etc........, by allowing PAYPAL access to your bank account, you put your bank account at serious risk of them withdrawing all the money from it.

Why use a Pre-paid CC?

Yup absolutely, perfect advice here. I got 4 of them that i may or may not use for each different thing, and never much on any of them. I dont trust em my my actual CC's or bank account. Would be nice but not these days when you see some sorta new hacking scam going on in tech forums just about every day now.
(09-15-2011, 04:45 PM)bostonsports1 Wrote: Paypal has had access to my account for years and have never touched my bank account or cc's without my authorization. Has this happened to you or have you heard it before? How else do you deposit back to a bank account if you make sales without linking to a bank account?
paypal you shouldnt really have to worry about(i hope), its the guys trying to hack it everyday by stealing emails and using password generators and sending you fake emails. It their life to steal peoples information and credit card info. Look what happened to sony and playstation 3, millions of people compromised.

I have my private personal bank account which will not be used online, and then a online bank account which i dont use except for online stuff and never put money on it anyway, mostly just for hassles like paypal needing to verify a account.

(09-15-2011, 04:45 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: paypal you shouldnt really have to worry about(i hope), its the guys trying to hack it everyday by stealing emails and using password generators and sending you fake emails. It their life to steal peoples information and credit card info. Look what happened to sony and playstation 3, millions of people compromised.

I have my private personal bank account which will not be used online, and then a online bank account which i dont use except for online stuff and never put money on it anyway, mostly just for hassles like paypal needing to verify a account.
Ic well I am very caution and never give out my info. With my CCs I know I'm safe because you can cancel the second you see something and will refund any fraud no questions asked(had to chargeback a 500+ transaction and had no troubles). But I like your dual bank acct idea. Maybe I will open one up just for accepting paypal deposit and then move the money out right after and just keep it close to zero, solid idea.

If you have a facebook, then follow this guy. I have known him for about 5 years now and he is a computer software/tech/network engineer. He stays on top of all the hacking news and anything tech related to computers and computer security/safety in general.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Futurecomm/

Just to add my two cents to this, make sure you get the token for PayPal to enable two factor authentication. Yes the tokens are from Vasco whose Diginotar CA was breached but at least their token seeds weren't stolen like RSA, and yes it is pretty easily bypassed if you answer the security questions honestly but it still helps. On that note, don't answer security questions with things that can be found with social networking. If it asks the city of your birth enter "Salami" or some other nonsense.
Use credit cards however you want, you are only liable for the first $50 in fraudulent transactions. The liability is on the issuer. Don't use your debit card. Money in your bank account doesn't come back unless you sue the bank and prove its their fault (good luck with that). Burner credit cards are a good idea but if you put more than $50 on it it's more of a risk than normal credit cards.

Source: I am an ethical hacker and I hack websites on a daily basis. It is far too easy.

(09-15-2011, 04:52 PM)bostonsports1 Wrote: Ic well I am very caution and never give out my info. With my CCs I know I'm safe because you can cancel the second you see something and will refund any fraud no questions asked(had to chargeback a 500+ transaction and had no troubles). But I like your dual bank acct idea. Maybe I will open one up just for accepting paypal deposit and then move the money out right after and just keep it close to zero, solid idea.
Here is the the thing, and I am not saying this about you, but about people in General.

Too many people that use the Internet have gotten lackadaisical, about the things they post on a website, and the sites they use their CC, bank accounts etc.....

In the mean time, the hackers, virus makers, phishing sites, etc.., have all gotten better at hiding their little bugs on websites to steal your info, you could click on a picture in photobucket, that could install some zero day bug, that could still your cc numbers, bank info, private info off of your comp, without you even knowing and your antivirus, anti-spyware program recognizing it.

This is why I always say to use a prepaid CC when doing business online, it keeps your real account info safe, and it is always better to be safe than sorry.

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

OMG...."someone" has a screw loose. Why is it that every post this person makes rubs me the wrong way? Try actually making a post about cards for once. Do you even collect?
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%