`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Redemptions

RE: Topps Redemptions
(07-03-2011, 10:22 AM)STEEZY95 Wrote: People are really overestimating the signifigance of this on card auto deal for fighters. THE ONLY FIGHTER that should be at a premium for on card is Wanderlei Silva. All the rest are really easy.
I just don't like the way sticker autographs look on a card. On Card Autos are much nicer.
I collect Graded Hall Of Famer Rookie Cards.
Just say no to sticker autographs.

I need some advice because I am about to boil over. ..
Over the past year (July 2010-July 2011) I started buying topps (baseball) again, mainly to get a chance at one the diamond imbedded cards or the "ring", (good luck), etc....

I have spent about $6000.00 in this time frame, not really getting anything great, one gold 1/1 (Konerko) out of a pack was my best pull. I have no issues with any of this until I went to have my cards sent to me from my diamondtopps account.
Mind you, I live in Hawaii and have already had numerous cards sent from my diamond giveaway account.
So, over the past 4 weeks, I have been waiting anxiously each night when I here the UPS truck drive into the neighborhood, but not to my home.
So, I finally called Topps this past Friday. They told me that they do not ship to Hawaii. I almost went through the phone on that guy. Although he was extremely nice and I know it's not his fault, I was pissed OFF!
So, he told me that they (just this past week) changed the rules and now Alaska and Hawaii will not receive shipments from the Diamond Dig but he could send me some packs of Topps Chrome 2010 to try and make up for it.
Although I did accept the packs, I told him I did not accept TOPPS' answer on the shipping of my cards that I think I am entitled to after spending that much money just to get the ones I got.
Has anyone else experienced anything like this and know of anyone in the heirarchy of TOPPS that may listen to a phone call or email?

Thanks In Advance for any suggestions/advice that anyone may have. If anyone wants to email me, my address is spoons26@hotmail.com
-JR

Hmm no I have never heard of any of this before. It sounds really weird! You may want to try the baseball boards though? I would be mad and I bet it was some small print huh?
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

There was NO small print before the Diamond Giveaway. The jack-asses tried to make it better by having someone send me some Topps 2011 Packs yesterday. What blew my mind was there was a couple diamond dig cards in there that I can't use If I wanted to. I tried calling and emailing and would really like to talk with Ryan O'Hara, the CEO but I have no contact info, maybe someone out there in the card world does? -JR

Anyone else still waiting on redemption's? I've been waiting on 5 from Knockout with a deadline of June and 2 from Title Shot with a deadline in August. It seems like they would get the old redemption's out before they put out something new. I don't want to have them replaced because I'm scared of what I might get. After waiting this long though, I'm starting to consider it.
[Image: gamsig.gif]
Collecting Chris Johnson, Titans/Oilers, Bama Alum (Active), and MMA
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636...ersHeaven/

I am in the same boat I have received the dreaded Topps Late Notify email now i believe 7 times that are still active. I have a Shane Carwin auto, phil davis relic, 2 shogun relics, 2 mitrione relics, a cruz auto/relic, i am sure im missing some. I am worried to ask for "replacements".......seriously why can topps not give us a list of available replacements and let us choose, all they say is similar value but to me that is crap because you are buying cards from knockout ($175 box) and replacing them with cards from Series 4 ($60 box)....I am strongly considering not purchasing Finest because of the redemption issues.

I've got the email 7 times as well. I'm thinking on getting a few replaced and waiting on the ones I really want. I don't understand why it's taking so long, especially Carwin. I sent him a couple of cards in the mail and got them back within a week.

I'm waiting on these:

2010 UFC Knock Out, Chuck Liddell - Fighter Base Autograph

2010 UFC Knock Out, Shane Carwin - Auto Fighter Relic Base

2010 UFC Knock Out, BJ Penn - Auto Fighter Relic Base

2010 UFC Knock Out, Evan Dunham - Auto Fighter Relic Base

2010 UFC Knock Out, Rashad Evans - Auto Fighter Relic Green Parallel

2011 UFC Titleshot, Matt Hamill - Contenders Autograph Base

2011 UFC Titleshot, Yushin Okami - Fighter Auto Relic Base
[Image: gamsig.gif]
Collecting Chris Johnson, Titans/Oilers, Bama Alum (Active), and MMA
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636...ersHeaven/

(06-25-2011, 08:21 PM)gamblersheaven Wrote: I doubt it too, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with asking for something like this. I'd prefer to get the redemption's really, but was curious if they might do it. I may shoot them an email and ask.
I had asked them that question on the 4 autos im waiting on all the same player.They said the best they could do is send me 4 replacements of equal vaule.Good luck on getting your cards.

[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]