`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pack searching

RE: Pack searching
How about this. Do not buy retail. Buy hobby!! No pack searchers to deal with and you get better stuff out of your box.
[Image: braunsig.png]

(09-13-2011, 03:02 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Here ya go!
[Image: beating-a-dead-horse.gif]
LMAO! I would expect you to put this Bill.

(09-14-2011, 11:08 AM)themaskedhood Wrote: I dont trust my local cardshop owner so I would never buy hobby packs from his store either. The name of the shop is HOOKED ON CARDS in north charleston sc. stay out of that place.
I am sorry to hear that. Sealed wax online then?
[Image: braunsig.png]

(09-12-2011, 08:24 PM)imnotded Wrote: I was doing some You Tube watching of guys pulling cards from packs/boxes. I noticed that some people say that they searched through the packs to find the thickest or heaviest. Then I stumbles on some guy that actually shows what to look for to get the "hits" in a pack/box.

My first thought is that is totally unacceptable. If they want the box hits that bad they should get the box or just get lucky. Then I thought that since they were there first then they have the "right" to pick through the packs to get what they want.

I am still leaning to the side that people shouldn't do it but I wanted to hear what the community thought about it.
Okay, they were the 1st. they buy 2 packs.. Leave 22. You come in and see 22 packs, you are going to start opening right figuring hey 22 packs from 24..???
(09-14-2011, 11:08 AM)themaskedhood Wrote: I dont trust my local cardshop owner so I would never buy hobby packs from his store either. The name of the shop is HOOKED ON CARDS in north charleston sc. stay out of that place.
Not all are bad. I have figured to look in the cases in the shop first. See if there are hits all over the place on a searchable product. If there is then U may be correct, but all shops are not. Rookies and Stars in NJ does NOT and will NOT let customer search packs.

I will no longer buy loose packs ever since I bought a pack at Kmart of 2010 Topps and 2008 Upper Deck were in em. I went to return them right after I opened them and saw and the lady would not take them back since she said people do that all the time and insisted I put the Upper Deck in until another lady came and said she'd take em back since she saw me just walk out 2 minutes ago but I was only allowed to exchange them. Luckily I got a limited Posey and a base Pujols in the next pack. All they had to say about it though was they see people do it all the time since the cards are by he customer service and they can't do anything about it.

After searching youtube for pack searchers, I came across this gem. This pack searcher on youtube quit his job just to become a "professional pack searcher". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pEkz2WS7...re=related

It's crazy that he would quit his job to do this.

-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.