Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marquee

RE: Marquee
I ripped a box of Marquee today.

My hits were:

Cal Ripken Titanic Gold #'d 1/10
Danny Valencia autograph/dual GU - 1 patch (PC!)
Jose Tabata on-card auto Tongue
Hanley Ramirez quad GU

I was pleased with the Ripken and the Valencia, not happy about Tabata, but after seeing some other breaks it sounds like I did alright. Opinions?
Always looking for new and old Twins cards I don't have

(09-14-2011, 05:41 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: wow, for 3 cases, that's not anywhere near good
And I felt bad charging $200.00 a box. I actually threw the guys some freebies because I felt so bad.

To be honest I was hoping for a baseball version of the Topps Inception set. That's all rookie hits and half the price. I figure they do that, throw in some vet/HOF hits, double the price, and you have a product of the year guaranteed. Instead, we get this junk.
And Marquee isn't super expensive, I think you might be thinking of Tribute?

Maybe they should start thepit.com again

(09-14-2011, 05:17 PM)mthomas0508 Wrote: jUST SAW 3 CASES BUSTED IN my store... WORST product I have ever seen. All the guys Topps stated they took out in place of the HOF's was a lie. My customers pulled every guy they said they removed.. Bad Product here anyway.
It does seem to be alot of bad player selection, but I'm pretty sure the product they changed the checklist and removed a lot of guys and replaced with big names was Tier One, not Marquee. I thought the checklist was always weak for Marquee
Collecting Eric Hosmer and Alex Gordon
[Image: tperks.gif]
Do not trade list: charbs1111

(09-15-2011, 08:13 AM)tperks76 Wrote: It does seem to be alot of bad player selection, but I'm pretty sure the product they changed the checklist and removed a lot of guys and replaced with big names was Tier One, not Marquee. I thought the checklist was always weak for Marquee
When two of your 4 hits are Marlon Byrd and Edwin Encarnacion in a $200 product. You know something is wrong.

This new president of Topps is running it into the ground. just over a year on the job and so many mishaps. Then this crappy expensive product.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]